• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall 2020 Rausch Creek Rally

Lukes_deuce

Hey Everybody, its that time of year again, for the bi-annual Rausch Creek Rally!

We will be having the rally Friday Oct 23, 24th and 25 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
453 Molleystown Rd
Pine Grove,PA 17963

I spoke with Rausch Creek and we are the only large group scheduled that weekend. There are already 6 trucks attending as of today.

Please note - Covid19 Safety precautions are still being following at the park.

Rausch Creek offers the following...
  • On site free primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.

Rausch Creek's website has info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

• A good time with MV enthusiasts, friends, camping, and most importantly offroading your MV!
  • We'll hit the trails at 9:00 AM on Saturday. If everybody is up and ready to go earlier we'll go earlier. Please be paid, signed up and ready to go. Pack a lunch as we will be out for the day and will take a break to eat. At the end of the day we'll take a group photo.
What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group.
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...

• A Generator, welder, tools, etc
    • Firewood - PLEASE BRING SOME FIREWOOD
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday - Area B
We usually set up camp, on the right side of the parking lot, there is a sign that says Area B. This is not a sponsored event so all military vehicles are welcomed. Do not bring your modified jeep or trail rig, as you will be disappointed with the trails the group will go on. Depending on the amount of vehicles, we can split up and have the groups go on varying difficulty of trails. Any questions, post on here and hope to see you in October!

lpcoating

Supporting Vendor
We plan on arriving Saturday, the 24th. It's about a 2.5 hour ride. Will be bringing a M151-A2 and only staying for the day. I can bring some firewood if that helps.

Guy

drecon

I am going to be there Friday afternoon as well. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been up and always had a good time. Hopefully I’ll have my winch installed so I can pull myself or anyone else out of the big mud holes

Lukes_deuce

I am going to be there Friday afternoon as well. It’s been a couple years since I’ve been up and always had a good time. Hopefully I’ll have my winch installed so I can pull myself or anyone else out of the big mud holes
Sounds good! We will be needing that winch! We have one guy with a 5ton who loves to get stuck. I almost did not pull him out of jeep sinker last time.

Lukes_deuce

I keep threatening to fly out the to East for a Rally....
All are welcome, but there isnt much of anything going on at camp during the day. Every one heads out on the trails so its just tents and campers in the lot. This isnt what I would consider a typical event like the Redball Rally in PA or the NJ Sussex show or the Graves Mountain Rally. Its just some guys getting together to go off roading.

I can ask around and see if anyone has an empty seat if you like. I wouldnt want someone flying in and then have nothing to do.

DavidWymore

Off-roading Vs. sitting around is exactly my speed. Though we are desert here, so different.
If there’s a seat I might come out and jump in it. I’ll pull my weight or more whenever I can.

Lukes_deuce

Off-roading Vs. sitting around is exactly my speed. Though we are desert here, so different.
If there’s a seat I might come out and jump in it. I’ll pull my weight or more whenever I can.
No sand around here but plenty of mud! I'll ask around if there's an open seat. No need to work, were all here for fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks