• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Family Deuce Recovery

ohnuts

My Dad has been fighting cancer and now my sister is terminal too. TUFF YEAR FOR THE FAMILY. I used to be in Submarines and have been know to get out there on the fringe so when I said guess what I purchased. They said they wanted to help with the recovery, why not? They had a blast and we stayed out of town overnight. No phone calls no doctors and lots of laughs and much needed distraction. Best of times

Attachments

mo-mudder

Well it finally happened, my mother found out about the second deuce. She thinks I am certifiable, I tried explaining I needed a gasser AND a diesel but I don't think she bought into my story. So please if your addition has lead you to purchase your second or third MV I'd like to hear about it.
Yea, I just recently bought my second one. The first one I got off ebay, and it was a 22 hour drive from St. Louis to Detroit and back to get it. The second one, which is neither home yet nor completely paid for, is only about 10 minutes away. I have yet to tell my wife and father about the newest member of the family, but I'm guessing they'll get the hint when I bring it home. Then again, it IS painted in CARC camo; maybe if I just park it near the woodline, they'll never notice...

neb4x4

Nice catch. It's actually Auburn, NE. I live about 45 miles to the North of there. That tank has been there for EVER. Well as long as I can remember. It's cool to see pics of things that I have seen!!!!!

ohnuts

Buying part from crane truck so had to get on here tonight. Dad better, sister down to days and Mom falling apart. Was at the hospital tonight and it's awful.

Then one of the kids whips out a laptop and says show us your truck that Grandpa and Grandma helped to pick-up.

Every one perks up and I bring up the photos. Then Dad and Mom take over and tell the tale. And they had made it into a tale.

Not as hard to believe because my Parents have had a long history of polishing tales. Not so hard sometimes since I retired from Submarines and had a few issues told over the years. With those issues having been expanded on and polished by family for the fun of telling.

The recovey of my M35A2 is now another such story.

The truck had a bad fuel leak into the cab. The story has grown to a flood. There were a few times I would check trafic before sopping up the fuel with a roll of army brown paper towels. The removal of fuel was by shuffling the wads of paper towel around untill the floor wasn't so slick and then kicking the wad across the truck. Done at night by feel since there are no real cab lights. The shuffling has now become hairsplitting trips to the edge of the road while maybe suffering from fumes.

So we pulled up pictures from GOVLIQUIDATIONS with my first truck and my EUC awaiting next truck. And I shut up and didnt contradict the parents while they told their version and we all relaxed and smiled just a bit.

Reason for a truck.

Families need some loud and far out subjects to talk about, it make closer problems disapear for awhile.

My 2nd truck will be my camper, puller and man cave. The first truck was just for working a big boat into the lake. The first truck M35A2 introduced me to this website and other trucks. Now I think this is gonna be a hobby for me.

The first truck has become the learning truck and tow truck when needed. The cost of a long tow is the cost of a GL auction truck. It's cheaper to tow yourself out of the woods and home. The second truck is the one I will enjoy the most M185A3.

So buy one for fun and a 2nd one for towing and parts in a pinch. And if they are talking about you then they are not talking about bill's.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks