• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan clutch bleeding

badgerord

I have read all the pages of the manual that cover steering system bleeding covering the turn the wheels, front lifted etc...

What I can't find is what do we do with the fan clutch itself?

It is a dead end loop in the system, if I plumb it in (with air in it) and add the hose from the Caddy valve. What bleeds the air out?

Marty

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is air in the line to the fan clutch It will compress and activate/deactivate the clutch normally. You can crack the line at the clutch and start the engine until the fluid sprays out it you like. (Normally about a second of run time before fluid sprays everywhere.) But it should work just fine with the air.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no need to bleed the fan system, the "bleeder" on the later trucks would not effectively bleed the system anyway being located at the valve.
To be effective as a bleeder it would have to be located at the clutch.
I think that was put there to make it convenient to attach a gauge to monitor the pressure.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
agreed; it's a dead end system, and as long as it has pressure that's all it cares about. The air will compress, and eventually it will bleed itself given enough cycles.

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no need to bleed the fan system, the "bleeder" on the later trucks would not effectively bleed the system anyway being located at the valve.
To be effective as a bleeder it would have to be located at the clutch.
I think that was put there to make it convenient to attach a gauge to monitor the pressure.
I never figured that it was a 'bleeder', but instead a diagnostic port to verify fluid was infact going to the clutch. On my M998, when I redid the caddilac valve and tubing, I added the 'T' and bleeder specifically so in the future I could verify things were working as expected, not because I thought removing air was necessary.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks