• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch Rebuild Parts/Pictures

Crf450x

This is in reference to an nhc250 fan clutch. Internals may be the same for the 8.3, I don’t know.

I searched and searched and couldn’t find any information on this. The parts manual diagram looks like Chinese when you haven’t had it apart yet. And the kits are way overpriced. This cost just under $100.

1 each of these o ring sizes....29, 30, 338, 433.
2 small bearings...6206DU
1 large bearing...6017LU
1 friction disc...FC030009/01-3884

I ordered the o rings from fastenal and everything else from eBay. I’m sure there are plenty more sources.

This was my first time ever having one apart and it was pretty simple. Just be sure to keep everything straight as it slides apart. To get the piston out, I used 5 psi and a blow nozzle and just kept it straight. It’s a steel piston in an aluminum housing so keep that in mind. On those o rings I used a conservative amount of silicone grease.

This link may also be helpful https://www.comfortairgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/fan-clutch.pdf

I took a few pictures but I didn’t get the whole process. But hopefully this will be of some use to someone at some point....

Attachments

Last edited:

Lukes_deuce

Thanks for posting! Its very helpful.

Do you know if your fan clutch has a part number? I know the 8.3 have 2 different styles of fan clutch. I would like to see if the 250 uses the same model.

Crf450x

Thanks for posting! Its very helpful.

Do you know if your fan clutch has a part number? I know the 8.3 have 2 different styles of fan clutch. I would like to see if the 250 uses the same model.
The part number on the tag on it says FC367E. The parts manual shows FC212000.

From looking at the manual, the o rings and friction disc are the same but not the bearings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks