• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch rebuild

Thumper580

I've looked without a lot of success. Recommendations on where to get a fan clutch rebuild kit from? Trying to avoid the $500.00 for a new one. Mines leaking fluid. Thanks.

Thumper580

313209606073 check that eBay listing ##

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought one if those. After the misery of getting it on the truck the damn thing leaks..... Now I have to remove it and send it back before the seller will send another one.... Not happy.

papakb

Thermoststic adapter 2.jpg

This is a thermostatic clutch out of an old Cadillac that I adapted to the HMMWV pulley. I cut off the 4 tabs on the front of the pulley and then put a 1" piece of 1/2" conduit into the center to co-locate the 2 pieces. It eliminates the fan clutch nuisance.

Thumper580

View attachment 815798

This is a thermostatic clutch out of an old Cadillac that I adapted to the HMMWV pulley. I cut off the 4 tabs on the front of the pulley and then put a 1" piece of 1/2" conduit into the center to co-locate the 2 pieces. It eliminates the fan clutch nuisance.
Does the fan attach to the front? Any more pictures? What year model of Caddy?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks