• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fan shroud interchangeability

nudewheeler

Howdy Folks -

I'm curious if anyone knows fan shroud interchangeability for the m1009 between the gasoline C/K series. My m1009 came with no fan shroud. As summer is ramping here in Tucson, I'm expecting the triple digit heat to come for the long haul soon.

Anyways, curious what shroud from what year range from the old pickups/blazer/sub may fit on the m1009. Several late 80s subs and late 70s blazers around town to harvest parts. I checked the part numbers for shrouds in LMC, and I don't see many parts numbers, which makes me believe these shrouds may be interchangeable.

Appears the lower half shroud part number 32-2833 works for blazers 81-91 with 305/350
Upper half without AC part number 32-2834, works for blazers 81-91 with 305/350

LMC fan shroud page for blazers

The LMC shroud page for pickups lists the same shroud part numbers.

Anyone put a shroud from a 350 C/K series on an m1009?

IdahoPlowboy

I don't know which ones will interchange I just went to the dealer and ordered one for a 1984 diesel and it fits. Mine was a one piece shroud.

Last edited:

jmassenga

One for a civvy diesel should fit. One for a civvy 454 with a 34" x 19" core & oil cooler MIGHT fit. I highly doubt anything for a small block would fit - CUCVs have much larger radiators.

As mentioned, they are a 1-piece shroud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks