• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Faq for trailers? I have a question about wheel bolt pattern

Nazrat

I've searched and the best info I've found is in this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/5879-m-101-wheel-tire-question.html

What still isn't clear to me is:
1) What is the 5-lug pattern used on smaller trailers?
2) Do all trailers with brakes have the 8-lug pattern (chevy, ford, etc)?
3) Who's put LT tires on their trailers either on the stock split wheel or on any other wheels?

I'm picking up a "surplus military" trailer with a generator on it and the seller doesn't know much about it. He says it has split rims and that the tires don't have much dry-rot. I was going to pick up a set of 8-lug chevy wheels with LT235x85R16 tires on them.

Thanks,
Tad

Imho

Been there, just done that!
I believe you have two, maybe three options.

1- Custom wheels to fit your desired tires
2- Replace tires with like size 9.00 x 16
there are a few available
3- Replace axel with different lug pattern

I repainted my wheels and bought new STA Superlugs.
This for me was the most simple and economicle way to go.

I don't know nada about the brakes:wink:

Good luck

Bill

Nazrat

He sent me an update indicating that they are the 6-lug large bolt pattern wheels. I assume that pattern doesn't exist anywhere in the free-world in a cheap wheel?

-Tad

papercu

You can put the LT tires on those rims but you will need tubes and flaps and find someone to change them, you can do it yourself but if this is the first time it may not be the best time to try it.
1) What is the 5-lug pattern used on smaller trailers? you mean the M416? will not interchange.
2) Do all trailers with brakes have the 8-lug pattern (chevy, ford, etc)? Nope
3) Who's put LT tires on their trailers either on the stock split wheel or on any other wheels?
I have, see above.
If your has the split ring wheels the 8 lug chevy wheels will not fit as far as I know. FYI Most times you won't see the dry rot UNTILL you air the tire down or when it falls apart on the highway. Good Luck, Wayne

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks