• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farm Diesel

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im getting scared !!!! They used to call you in for an audit now their gona come to you and maybe just wound you the first time but if you dont pay the man on time next time their gona come shoot ya some more ! I hope their using rubber bullets for yalls sake !

deathrowdave

I did get stopped in my old M35 , it was running waste transformer oil . Non PCB . The inspector dipped his tube into the tank , dumped it on the ground and dipped it again , proceeds to ask me “ want is this ? “ I told him I don’t have a clue ! I have never put fuel in it since I purchased it from Uncle Sugar . He just shook his head and says “ I have never seen anything like this . I quess if it runs , your good !” I proceeded to tell him “ you really shouldn’t be dumping samples on the ground .” I chucked as I lit the wick and powered away .

ToddJK

I've only heard of this, never seen it happen. I have yet to see off road diesel. REC gas, yes, but that's priced between midgrade and premium. It's also what is typically used for most generators and small gas powered equipment as ethenol tends to make them run less efficient. I could care less to try and sneak off road diesel in my truck. I run mostly wmo anyway, but adding regular gas to it thins it and the truck runs like it has diesel in it anyways. I wouldn't doubt it though if some IRS agents wanted to investigate, I'm sure they would want to tax any wmo or wvo for road use and slap a fine on whoever for tax evasion. I just find it hard to believe how taxed we are on everything. The dollar is taxed just to earn it and taxes just to spend it. The government wants to make sure people are paying their fair share in taxes, hence the huge bill the tax payers have to pay for all these extra IRS agents. My only question is,will this speed up my refund after I file taxes? I doubt it...

rickf

If they see ANY red dye at all in the fuel you are screwed. That includes any transmission fluid. If it is red it is off road fuel to them. I don't really know how they handle used motor oil, technically, you are using it as an on road fuel without paying tax on it so they "could" legally nail you. It would be an interesting court case since there was that big deal with biofuels for a long time. Still is actually, a lot of utility companies and buses run biodiesel and I will bet they do not pay road tax on it. Probasbly because it is blended with taxed diesel and not off road diesel.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've only heard of this, never seen it happen. I have yet to see off road diesel. REC gas, yes, but that's priced between midgrade and premium. It's also what is typically used for most generators and small gas powered equipment as ethenol tends to make them run less efficient. I could care less to try and sneak off road diesel in my truck. I run mostly wmo anyway, but adding regular gas to it thins it and the truck runs like it has diesel in it anyways. I wouldn't doubt it though if some IRS agents wanted to investigate, I'm sure they would want to tax any wmo or wvo for road use and slap a fine on whoever for tax evasion. I just find it hard to believe how taxed we are on everything. The dollar is taxed just to earn it and taxes just to spend it. The government wants to make sure people are paying their fair share in taxes, hence the huge bill the tax payers have to pay for all these extra IRS agents. My only question is,will this speed up my refund after I file taxes? I doubt it...
Speaking About Taxes...

I'm not sure what I stumbled in to watching YouTube, but lately I have been getting recommendations for Tax shorts. These little sixty second "shorts" assume a $100.000 in earnings. Then each show is for a state. So far, the worst I have found it California at 49%

EDIT: Several hours later, I managed to get several more of these videos. North Carolina, Texas, Hawaii, and Germany.

The most interesting part of those videos is the presentation. All I can really speak about is North Carolina and I can say FOR SURE that we pay a much larger percentage of tax than that. We pay tax on everything we buy on top of the taxes that is withheld from paychecks... Still, interesting to see.

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they see ANY red dye at all in the fuel you are screwed. That includes any transmission fluid. If it is red it is off road fuel to them. I don't really know how they handle used motor oil, technically, you are using it as an on road fuel without paying tax on it so they "could" legally nail you. It would be an interesting court case since there was that big deal with biofuels for a long time. Still is actually, a lot of utility companies and buses run biodiesel and I will bet they do not pay road tax on it. Probasbly because it is blended with taxed diesel and not off road diesel.
Oh dont worry they get their tax on every mile traveled in each state in commercial vehicles ! Its called IFTA and every truck you pass or passes you on both sides of trucks on the cab doors will be a little square sticker in what ever this years color is that the dot can see at a glance and you have to report every mile and every route you ran in each state and entry and exit points ! And you have to report all fuel purchased and where with recipts for the IFTA folks and IFTA is set up with each state to pay them their highway use tax because they dont think the truck and bus owners wouldnt .

sreng

Isn't that the same as off road diesel? dyed red? Get caught running on the road with that in the tank and it is a mandatory $10,000 dollar fine everywhere I know of. Unless you have farm tags. Even then it could get sticky on a road going vehicle.
The fines are big and I believe any red dye in the system gets you a fine. If there ever was red diesel in it, you're in trouble or have some explaining to do. This did not stop some kids i know back in school from running an old diesel Coupe de Ville on their dads red equipment diesel for years. He was always trying to figure out where the fuel went.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks