• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Faster than the SF-97?

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So ITS.com says for $200., (deuces) and 1 weeks time they can give me all of my title/registration information needed to title my truck in IL. I would gladly pay the money to be able to drive my truck before Christmas, but I am wondering is this really going to work? Will I have to get an inspection going this route and if so what do they cost? I think my truck would pass easily. Is the registration stuff that ITS gives me the same as the SF-97 stuff that I have been waiting on for months?
Can anyone shed some light on this please?

AC

vtach, I used ITS. I took it to DMV and obtained F plates (up to 16,000) and paid $400.00 to register it till June 2009. I registered it as a commerical truck to avoid all the restrictions. I obtained commerical insurance through progressive $900.00/yr. I'm adding backup lights and then I'll take it in for an inspection. I'm going to upgrade to H plates at a later time. I'm still waiting on the SF-97.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC,
I am just going to get an antique plate as I am not really driving it that much, I think??? Did you get any grief from the DMV with what ITS sent you?

AC

No, they didn't give me any grief. I was respectful and acted like I didn't know much about the process, which wasn't too far from the truth. The lady had to call Springfield to confirm it was OK. A friend of mine who rebuilds old mustangs, also recommended this route.