• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Favorite noise your deuce makes

V8srfun

The best sound my truck makes is under full load between 1500 and 1700 rpm. It is music to my ears.
What is the best sound your truck makes and it can be anything related to your truck not just limited to exhaust tone.

Dipstick

Having LDS power must be amazing! I run 11:00 x 20 Firestone T-831s myself. I think having the taller tires saps my power some, but they are phenomenal tires in snow. Queen Lola sounds great!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the LDS and 11.00R20, my Deuce has no fear of hills. The rolling hills in my area can all be done in (OD) 5th high, watching the EGT. Loaded with sand bags, she was noticeably more sluggish, but going was not an issue....stopping quickly, however, was! On one trip, the well meaning loader operator threw about 9 tons into the bed...still no issue on the hills.

Dipstick

Jesus Mary and Joseph I'm jealous! My Brutus drops 500 rpm at the mere sight of a grade in 5th. And I have a great running engine.

Dipstick

Here is a sound I didn't like. The sound of pressurized air shooting out of my t-case vent when I engaged the front axle. Turns out the air shift cylinder bore was corroded and had scored the piston and seal pretty badly. That allowed the air to blow past the seal and into the transfer case. I replaced the air cylinder. I discovered it was much easier to get a wrench on the bolt heads if you mount the little cylinder head with the air fitting pointed up rather than down. Come to think of it, the sound of silence when I engaged the t-case after the repair was pretty satisfying!

Flyingvan911

I like the flutter of my C turbo when I am off-road and going down a steep hill in 3rd low. Having the foot off the gas with the weight of the truck pushing makes a sweet whistle.

V8srfun

hopefully one day I can either add a turbo to my truck or obtain one with a turbo. That is a sound I do enjoy and do not have.

Dipstick

If I remember correctly, the turbo on a Deuce wasn't meant to add power, but to satisfy the pollution Nazis. Having said that, I ordered and installed a new Switzer whistler turbo and installed it myself (it replace the original turbo on my truck that was shot). I will dig up the information on my turbo order for you if you like. The sound of a "whistler" is like mechanical music!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
some love the whistler noise, and I didn't mind it when I was decades younger .. But now my favorite sound is when that whistler is finally shut down .. thankfully, only one of my trucks has a whistler , and not for long. will be swapping it out for a 1D turbo this summer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks