• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC Bypass causing steam engine like smoke?

91W350

I have that seat cushion I promised you. It is currently in a 813, but I will get it sent to you. I would leave it alone too, just do like I did and when it is working, lay off the fuel and drop a gear. When pulling other deuces with it, I did not lean on it. With a little common sense, I am sure it will be fine. Is there any other choice for a first ride with the bride? 8) Congrats man! Glen

(You sure I cannot have it back? I miss that truck more than the 468 ci 1965 Malibu coupe I built...)

ratat98

Ah I forgot about the seat cushion! Thanks man! Did you get your plate yet? The postal service here can be rather slow...
(haha the deuce is mine, but like I said you can come drive it anytime! I am kinda interested in a winch though... Hmm...)

91W350

The postman asked me who Buddy Gunner was, that is my Facebook account in which I used my dog's name due to employment issues. He recognized Buddy from multiple meetings in the neighborhood. I really like driving that truck.... but the 550 mile trip to do so will keep me out of the driver's seat! Just keep posting and share a photo every so often. It is looking good! Glen

ratat98

The postman asked me who Buddy Gunner was, that is my Facebook account in which I used my dog's name due to employment issues. He recognized Buddy from multiple meetings in the neighborhood. I really like driving that truck.... but the 550 mile trip to do so will keep me out of the driver's seat! Just keep posting and share a photo every so often. It is looking good! Glen
Haha I was having a brain fart and couldn't remember how to spell your last name when I was at the PO, so I figured you would like Buddy Gunner!
I will definitely keep you up to date! The drivers door is now fixed and will stay closed thanks to parts from TNJ Murray! I'm going to take the windshields apart and take some rust off of them next, but other than that, the truck is in great shape! I'm going to look more into the smoke issue, but I drove our freightliner the other day and it smokes about the same, so I'm not too worried about it!

91W350

It always runs cool and holds great oil pressure. I knew the fuel rate must be fairly high, but the thing will get over 12 mpg running empty on the road at around 48 mph. For what it was pushing and the power it is producing, I decided to leave well enough alone. Heck, it made right at 11 pulling my M1008 with four spare tires, a tool box, enough fluids to change everything on the truck, some spare parts, and two men's gear. I think I scaled the M1008 at 8100 pounds and that was in zero temperatures on winter diesel. I was concerned about burning her down too, but would hate to lose any of the rest of it. It is a great deuce, I got lucky and you did too. Glen