• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC bypass/ new fuel tank/ new pump/boost-egt meters

Adam Brice

Hi guys,
Just wanted to brag for a second....
My 1970Am Gereral 109 was very lethargic. Found out my lift pump wasnt working, and kept popping fuses, so I went ahead and just bought a new pump. Went to change it, found inside of tank was horrible, so I pulled tank, cleaned out gobs of rust, pressure washed, dried, and reinstalled...Poured fresh fuel in and watched it all run out the bottom! Tank was now full of holes.
So, I bought a NOS tank, and figured I'd put in a boost/egt gauge while I wait for shipping. Also did the FDC bypass.
Got everything together last night. WHAT A DIFFERENT TRUCK!
Have not adjusted any fuel yet, cover plate on fdc is still safety wired, but it runs great.
1175 max egt, with about 8-11 lbs boost, at wot, 5th gear, flat ground lugging it, WITH 2-550 gallon water tanks FULL in the bed! Seems to smoke as it should, lots more power, and I can actually get 2500-2600 rpm now in the lower gears. It also starts much easier this morning than ever before, granted it stayed in the garsge last night, instead of outside, where the low temp was 22 degrees.
Now I gotta find some new rubber, my 900-20's are getting really dry and cracked.

rustystud

Hi guys,
Just wanted to brag for a second....
My 1970Am Gereral 109 was very lethargic. Found out my lift pump wasnt working, and kept popping fuses, so I went ahead and just bought a new pump. Went to change it, found inside of tank was horrible, so I pulled tank, cleaned out gobs of rust, pressure washed, dried, and reinstalled...Poured fresh fuel in and watched it all run out the bottom! Tank was now full of holes.
So, I bought a NOS tank, and figured I'd put in a boost/egt gauge while I wait for shipping. Also did the FDC bypass.
Got everything together last night. WHAT A DIFFERENT TRUCK!
Have not adjusted any fuel yet, cover plate on fdc is still safety wired, but it runs great.
1175 max egt, with about 8-11 lbs boost, at wot, 5th gear, flat ground lugging it, WITH 2-550 gallon water tanks FULL in the bed! Seems to smoke as it should, lots more power, and I can actually get 2500-2600 rpm now in the lower gears. It also starts much easier this morning than ever before, granted it stayed in the garsge last night, instead of outside, where the low temp was 22 degrees.
Now I gotta find some new rubber, my 900-20's are getting really dry and cracked.
These old trucks just need regular maintenance, and they will surprise you with the performance they will give you.
Good job !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks