• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Federal Dual Locking Door Handles?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have something similar if not the same. They work.
The PIA is needing to get out and open them on the outside of the vehicle when a passenger gets in, and needing to lock each one separately when everyone gets out.

They work well, and the limitations are what they are in a vehicle designed to have open/unlockable doors. Been there for 5 years since I installed them. No problems in the salty environment. No rust. No sticking.

Blow up the picture to see them installed on my doors.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have locking doors on the Detroit Sorry was not specific I was wondering how easy/well the inside locks were to operate, I also understand they are seperate in that if the door is locked from the inside you cannot unlock it with a key and visa-versa, that feature is pretty obvious by looking at the pictures

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just recently installed them a few weeks ago on my M998. Seem to be of decent quality.

Nice to be able to lock/unlock them from the inside as I live in da' hood and a locked door should delay any car jacker a few seconds so I can dispatch them with ease.

Holes matched what was drilled in the x-doors, which I read on other forums were a problem. Works as advertised. I put in new stainless screws/washers/nuts at the same time. I probably should have changed out some of the springs as mine are in rough shape.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any comments on the Federal dual locking door handles?
Somewhere lost in the back corner of my head I seem to remember a post or info on making your own...... just adding the key cylinder and arm maybe???
I have a guess that might be right down your alley. Hope this helps.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Somewhere lost in the back corner of my head I seem to remember a post or info on making your own...... just adding the key cylinder and arm maybe???
I have a guess that might be right down your alley. Hope this helps.
I do not have the D punch to install the cylinder correctly, I also think it is doubtful anyone building these has the correct D punch but maybe I will be surprised, otherwise it is REAL easy to just stick a screwdriver into the lock and turn, it can also be done if the correct punch is used but takes allot more effort.
The correct punch costs around $250
I was more interested in the inside locking part of it.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got a response from Federal, they actually use a double D punch (flats on two sides) so the lock will not turn easily, went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Action

I think i paid about $5 each and had all use same key. For just $20, i dont mind reaching out the window to lock the door if i need to.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Good things always happen when you buy double D’s
[/QUOTE

I have the same looking, without the twistie thing on the inside. I remember "South Co Manufacturing ??🤔 Typical of side box / tool boxes with pull up handle / lock set-ups. I think...Thinking again, they make most of them you see.

Many $$$$$ dollars cheaper that the ones being sold else were. Stainless or unpainted steel, sold direct from factory.

Problem...If you lock them and close the door or just lock them from outside >>> occupants CAN'T get out that door with the push bar on the X doors.

Not good.

Good part, slows down the boogie man a little, CAMO

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
I have the same looking, without the twistie thing on the inside. I remember "Ebernhard Manufacturing ??🤔 Typical of side box / tool boxes with pull up handle / lock set-ups. I think...Thinking again, they make most of them you see. PADDLE LOCK ASSEMBLY KEY LOCK P//N 250-25

Many $$$$$ dollars cheaper that the ones being sold else were. Stainless or unpainted steel, sold direct from factory.

Problem...If you lock them and close the door or just lock them from outside >>> occupants CAN'T get out that door with the push bar on the X doors.

Not good.

Good part, slows down the boogie man a little, CAMO

Action...As to the egress windows... How many could roll around, wiggle, jiggle, work both latches and get thur the opening without risk of being stuck? Maybe Bart but not Homer. LOL

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks