• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Federal Military Parts Doors vs West Kentucky Doors

EricSoWavy

Does anyone have any experience with these 2 doors and which is better built overall?

Both seem to be beefier versions and replications of the OEM Military X doors. One is steel construction and the other is Fiberglass like the original.

Hard to pick between the 2 without seeing them in person, so was hoping to get some feedback from folks that have actually purchased and installed these 2 doors.

dma251

I have the Federal Military Parts doors, and they seem like a well designed and high-quality door, but they are not exactly a stock replica. They are made from steel, and the “X” is a piece of heavy steel plate cut out to stiffen and give a similar look to the x-doors, but if you are restoring your M1165a1 to stock, they aren’t quite right. I like mine, and may end up using a steel plate over top as supplemental to give it the smooth look. As for quality, they are very well made.

Attachments