• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feedback needed - towbar mount

treeguy

Here are the pictures of my finished tow bar mounts. The whole rig is barely visible when you stand in front of the truck. There are also no clearance issues with the front tires. The bottom clamps are held on with security style lug nuts (not painted yet). The top clamps are spaced down to clear the 5/8" bolts with 1/2" squares. The rubber padding on the inside of the clamps is stair tread rubber with adhesive backing. I tried to glue roofing rubber, but the glue ate the paint off of the metal.

To put the bars in the mount you could use three guys or what I did was - extend the legs all the way out, lift the ring up to the frame and tie it to the frame handle, lift the feet end and tie this end to the respective frame handle, install the clamps, tighten the nuts and remove the assisting lines. Once the clamps are tight the bars are solid to the truck and act like a nice step to help get to the engine.

I hope this can help sprout ideas for some!

Attachments

Stan

I store mine under the bed, access is from the passenger side over the fuel tank in front of the mud flaps. I have a piece of tire on each frame rail so its not metal on metal all the time. Theres is a hinged bracket with two stubs of pipe on it that goes into the holes for the feet witch allows you to secure it. On the front it adds weight to a already heavy front end.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks