• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feel the power!!!

SMOKEWAGON66

Ok, so I know Im going to get alot of "this thread is worthless without pics" , but I just thought Id share any how. But to be fair, I work in a place where photography/video is STRICTLY forbidden...

I was just outside having a smoke sitting on the driver step of my Deuce, and about 100-150 yards away is a running F-22 Raptor, clamped down in an Engine Hold Back rig on a trim pad off the flightline here. Its engines are pointed off into the lakebed and they are doing some sort of engine static run tests W/afterburner. So heres this jet sitting there, with this UNGODLY loud rumbling noise and probably 20 feet of blue afterburner flame roaring out the back as I smoke my ciggy, and I thought to myself, my god! you can truly feel the power of this beast, even this far away. The ground was rumbling under my feet, and I had to put hands to my ears, but it was such an awesome sight. Definitely not an everyday occurance around here...hence the headline [thumbzup]

Again, sorry theres no pics for this lol, but I dont wanna go to jail! rofl