• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fermont 804B Resistor Missing-- Do I have to replace voltage regulator too?

WildernessJeep

I have a Fermont 804B that I'm raising from the dead. The engine starts and runs, and I've replaced the missing gauges. I can't get it to generate electricity, I suspect because the resistor to the "frequency" is missing. From my research, I understand that I have to replace the voltage regulator (questionable anyways) and the transformer, too, so they are a matched set. I found this kit online. It's pricey, but if it fixes the generator it's worth it. https://ebay.us/NqnFXi

I have a TRC voltage regulator, and can't find the resistor anywhere online by itself. Suggestions?

2807298_6465_233_0001.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

2807298_6443_109_0001.jpg

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As far as I can see there is nothing special about R16.
Just a 1 ohm, 5%, 1 watt resistor with a couple of wire lugs crimped onto it.
Should cost ~$0.50 to make.

jmenende

That complete kit should solve the power generation issue. That said, I would not buy it till I make sure the unit produces power. Have you tried exciting it with a 9v battery to the f1 and f1 leads. The 9v will give you a momentary spike in power but will not generate 120v and it might just go up to 70v. If that produces voltage then you got a good genny. If this works, you can press the easy button and buy the kit or you can grab the manual and start testing the avr, transformer, rheostat and resistor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks