• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fermont MEP-804A Dies after releasing start switch.

COMEANDTAKEIT

Got power back and starts. While test the power points accidently pushed in the emergance shut down. Makes me feel like a dummy. Still dies after releseing the start switch so will continue testing power points. Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
There should be on on each side, joining the top and bottom of the two sections of the switch. Can someone post a picture of the switch, both sides? Pins 2 & 8 & 4 & 6 should all be joined,

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a pic only showing 1 jumper. As I recall the switch has some of 2,4,6,8 jumpered internally. The external jumper completed connecting all 4 together.
I had some of the switch's and that's the way I seem to recall them.
edit: I found a picture I posted quite a while back and it only had the one jumper.
S1 Jumper.JPG

Guyfang

Staff member
Then I am thinking of another switch/gen set.
OHHHHHHHHH, maybe it was the Mark 1, the old round one?

In any case, he should take a 24 VDC reading at pin 3, durring start. Should be 24 VDC. Hold the probe longer and then let S1 go. Do you still have 24 VDC at pin 3?

And yeah, S17 has fooled a lot of folks over the years.

Guyfang

Staff member
Yeah. Lets see. I would jump the S17, and start it up and see if thats the problem. Test for 24 VDC before the S17, to see if maybe its a problem before S17. Then again after S17, to see if for some reason it opens up. The only things between the battery and the S17 is:
L4-1
MT4-4
MT4-1
CR1
S10-2
S10-3
Naturally you have a canon plug also. And the plug could be loose,

COMEANDTAKEIT

Sorry guys, I was out of town last week and had to drop this project. Guyfang, there is 24 VDC at pin 3 after starting and holding S1 in start position. As soon as switch is released all voltage drops to 0 from pin 3.

COMEANDTAKEIT

I guess I start with the easiest first. Which other pin would the jumper from 3 lead to. I would guess a pin that stayed 24 VDC after switch is released.

COMEANDTAKEIT

I read that wrong. You said in stop position. In the off position only 6 & 8 have 24 VCD 2 & 4 have 0. Holding the swith in the start position gives 24 VCD to all 4 pins.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, so your switch needs a jumper or two. Terminals 2 & 4 should also have 24 volts on then in STOP. S1 terminals 2,4,6,8 need to all be jumpered together. Add jumpers as needed so you have 24 volts on 2,4,6, & 8 with S1 in STOP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks