• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret FS

WPNS421

Found a 1962 Mark 2/3 Ferret for sale. Very nice, excellent condition and is licensed for the road. see www.militarytrucks.ca classified. I am not selling this item. Also the same guy has a Land Rover for sale. For anyone interested. Vehicles are located in Montreal Canada. Enjoy

A

A/C Cages

Too bad you cant get them licenced to drive on the streets. That would make a unbeliveable everyday driver, lol

BLK HMMWV

The Ferret is licenced for the road.
I've had the chance to sit up in the turret of one on a small road trip into town for a late night pizza run down in Georgia.
I thought the visability when backing up a slant back HMMWV was bad.
Would love to have one but not for a daily driver.

I would like a FOX better.
BH

Stalwart

The Fox has even worse visibility, my wife has both a Fox and a Ferret.

And yes, you can license them both for the streets in MOST states. My Scorpion has better visibility than both, and all of them suck when locked down using vision blocks alone. We've managed to source British mirrors that give pretty good side and rearward visibility on all of them.

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Lucky wife.
I'd still take the Fox over the Ferret if I had to choose .
My thinking is when driving blind go for the one with the bigger gun.

I'm straying from the original post a bit but do Fox's ever come up for sale and if so whats the price range compared to the Ferret?
BH

Stalwart

The Fox is a MUCH bigger vehicle, not just the gun.

My wife had the Ferret first and when I asked if I could have a Scorpion the response was, "Sure you can, but I get a Fox too." The Fox is much more pleasant to drive, better EVERYTHING except visibility. There were probably 20-30 Ferrets (4400) made for every Fox (100-200?). The Fox had a production run of less than two years compared almost 20 for the Ferret. The Fox was cancelled in favor of the Scorpion. I would estimate you would have to pay about three times as much for a Fox than a Ferret in similar condition. I see one or two for sale yearly in the US. A few more in the UK but finding one with the original RARDEN gun and proper turret is becoming less common. Most of the Foxes I've seen for sale are pretty poor and they still want $35-40K.

A

A/C Cages

I spoke to the FL DMV and they said it wasnt when I was thinking about getting one to play with.

Stalwart

So you gave them too much information and they told you "no".

1958 Daimler Ferret, 3 door. "4 wheel drive" if they care, gasoline powered. Tell thm that it's armored and you get them asking all sorts of questions and raising all sorts of flags. For them it is simple, just say NO!

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Or thay didn't know what you were talking about, so ALWAYS with that knowledge, the answer is NO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks