• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret paint and history questions 01CA81

81turbota

Just wanted to provide an update -

Cosmetics are about 85% finished. I have to paint the wheels/hubs, the original 01CA81 registration front and rear as well as numerous small parts.

Mechanically it’s running excellent minus one small problem. All fluids changed and almost no leaks! Engine got new ignition components.

I took it for its first drive of about 10 miles and it went great! Engine was running perfectly, transmission shifted beautifully…I was ecstatic and still am. That is until my brake pedal started getting soft….drove it home and sure enough a nice amount of brake fluid coming from the rear hull access holes. Broken brake hard line in the rear…damn. New 5/16 cunifer line will be going in when I get a break from work.

Excuse the clutter/mess, these pics were taken just before we backed it out for the first drive.

Engine run after tune up components/carb rebuild

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferretboy

Oh boy !!! Replacing a Rear brake line...fun fun fun...ha ha....but I'm sure you will be o.k. don't worry too much about leaks in bevel boxes or hubs...just keep them topped up before much travel....the old saying is if it isnt leaking...its not British !! Best to you mate....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks