• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferret radio system?

BillIdaho

A friend of mine recently fell into a ferret fro darn-near nothing(!!!!). The only problem is the radio system was removed. He says the remaining wiring is still intact (meaning whoever took the radio/intercom stuff out, didn't just start yanking wires.)
My question is, the ferret is a 1962 model. Anyone have an idea of the proper radio system it is supposed to use? And is it is available for less than the national debt?

Bill W

Originally they had the British #19 or a #22 Radio set in them ( WWII vintage ) then later retro'd to the "Larkspur"radio set and then followed by the "Clansman" set., If I remember correctly I had the #19 set in my Ferret which I purchased from Brian Asbury in Canada

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks