• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ferro gets a(nother) wrecker

bamalady

This was dictated to me by Wreckerman.

Adam and his dad made it up to Wreckerman's place Saturday evening to recover a M936 that Adam is re-homing.

Wreckerman had done some of the prep work and Adam and his dad did some more prepping in advance of leaving out Sunday morning.

Adam pulled out of the driveway Sunday morning and Mr. Murphy popped up immediatly.....the PTO was engaged which caused the throtttle to go wide open.

After some roadside remediation the wrecker was mission capable again.

They made it back to South Carolina late Sunday with only one or two minor issues.

Attachments

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowing Adam..........He would put the M543 bed on the M936........:mrgreen:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should have read the TM's first! but for some reason they won't open, just open a blank tab, they do that from the site and from JAtonka's site too, both here at work and at home. Curious.

I didn't know that the PTO lever worked opposite of a M543 or M816. The air pressure would set the throttle and start applying the brakes. Once we got that settled, it did just fine.

There is a bad leak from the PTO (I think) on the transfer case, lost a lot of gear oil on the way home.

Also, the auto drain for the air drier sticks open, so I could use the brakes 3 times, then had to pull over to reset it to pump the air back up. I'm going to take it apart and see if I can't free it up.

And all the hydraulic lines were disconnected from the rotary valve- I hooked them all back up (took a whole day, it's a little cramped under there) and realized why they were all off- the valve is bad! if you throttle it up, oil goes everywhere underneath. if you let it idle, you can use the boom and stuff, it is just real slow and you only get a dripping leak.

I was thinking of putting a M108 bed on this one, and putting this M936 bed on my M915. Thoughts?

Just kidding!

Thanks to wreckerman for his hospitality and for putting us up for the night. And as usual thanks to my dad for agreeing to come help and drive all that what with his bum knee.