• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Few more ?'s get this baby started!

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the engine have to be cranking when I squirt so WD-40 in there? I kinda squirted it in there and then put the air cleaner back on and then got in the truck and cranked it.
Yeah, you really need the best opportunity for atomimization in the chamber. By the time you got around to cranking it after putting the air cleaner back on, the WD40 was probably mostly stuck to the manifold.

Mtrdrms

I'll have to try that. I did get a clicking sound from the fuel shutoff solenoid when I jumped it to the battery. Do I need to bleed this thing more maybe? I am going to pull off a couple of lines from the injectors and check for adequate fuel flow when cranking. If this thing got air locked initially how long will it crank for untill it bleeds itself out? Will it start without bleeding? I feel strongly that I have narrowed it down to a fuel flow problem and I need this truck this weekend!!!

Mtrdrms

Got it started! I must have had an inop cutoff solenoid in the injector pump. I took the cover off and it looked clean but I cleaned it all up and freed up everything, put it back together and it fired right away. Runs beautifully. Thanks to everyone who offered advice!

Andy