• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FI-NAL-EEEEEEEEE...I've got some brakes again!

spicergear

I decided today was the day to try out my brake bleeding idea and hopefully get the pedal pressure back. I took a small electric fuel pump (one of the square cheap little buggers) hooked one end to a half gallon container with brake fluid in it and hooked the other side of the pump to a brake line that I had plumbed into the vent fitting on the top of the master cylinder. I took jumper cables from one battery and hooked them up to the fuel pump. It sat there and ticked along while I went around and cracked the bleeders open. I went around once and let each one push out fluid for a little while then went around again and opened them all up and let them all bleed out at the same time. I had fluid coming out of each one. Oh, and I cracked the fitting at the back of the master after reaching up beside the tranny and pumped the pedal. All in all I saw air come out of the left front and the right rear. Finally.

OH, then I went to a buddy's place (the guy that just bought his deuce) and we pulled a couple of things with his truck, he was happy, then I took a back road home and ended up pulling a pretty big tree off the road and used my new low mount bumper lugs and D-rings!