• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fiberglass Hard Top

Hello all! I am new to the site and I would like to thank everyone who contributes to all this great information. Mahalo! (how we say thank you in Hawaii). I have located a Kaiser M54A2 that has a fiberglass top which is smooth on top without any light bumps. The inside has some molded in reinforcing. I have read on here that all the fiberglass tops have bumps and only the steel are smooth. I do not know the age of the truck, only that it is a Kaiser and been parked for the last 9 years. I want to put the top on my Deuce. Although it is from a 5 ton I have been told it will fit my Deuce. Has anyone come across a smooth fiberglass before?

Mahalo, Hedge

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in the 70s Wittenberg used to sell surplus gassers with their own fiberglass hard top and sell them as water trucks and farm trucks. That might be what it is.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is better about fiberglass than steel? Noise reduction, better insulation? If the prices are about the same for both, steel is real, right? Im relativly new to deuces, so im learning here! :p

Irv

It doesn't look like a Whittenberg to me. I have an extra Whittenberg fiberglass top and it has wide stiffening ridges on top. Whittenberg used to be in Tacoma, WA and moved to Richland or Pasco, WA many years ago. I think there was also a name change. Btw, the deuce and 5T cabs are dimensionally the same. Same top fits either one. Irv

mlwats1@hotmail.com

i went and looked at the tops he had five useable tops they are metal normal dents and dings models i bought all of them i will have them until they are all gone if you want one please call 417 850 4939. he bought a half dozen m109 just for the front axles the rest of the truck are sitting there until he chops them up for scrap weight, lots of van body parts no w/w trucks there, but there are some engines for $500 and he will pull them out, J pipes and radiators, instriment cluster for $50, rear axles and drivelines.

tobyS

I want one heavy enough to work off of (stand without denting) and that has enough front overhang to get water away from the window hinge. Maybe a roll bar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks