• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fiberglass Troop Seats Needed

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
they seam to be getting harder to find.. i need just the right side and cant find just one. there is that place just outside of hooks... they sell trucks and parts.. cant remember their name

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Sorry, don't think Atlanta is within 200 miles. Sure would hate to see the shipping on something like that also.

TexAndy

same problem. I have one side of fiberglass troop seats.

I might be willing to trade it for enough oak lumber with which to make a set (two) troop seats.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact Stephan Wood Products truck and trailer parts aftermarket accessories
They are the contractor. I bought two complete sides, and had them flat pack shipped. I then built them on the truck.
Call them. I'm sure they will work something out with you.

Yup...Lex is correct. I had the fiberglass troop seats, but still had wood "Headache Racks" I was able to order just the components I needed and re-furbish my metal parts and now have a complete set of fiberglass seats.

today I started my troop seat project.

Here is a link to my project from a couple months ago.

79driver

If you know of any local volunteer fire depts that has a duece or two you might ask them. They probably wont need the troop seats and may have some just laying around. I was able to get my fiberglass troop seats, cargo bows, cargo cover, and soft top when our VFD got a new truck.
I know it doesnt help but i have a set of wood troop seats about an hour and a half from you if you decided to go that route

dabtl

I just pulled a set of wood seats off one of the deuces yesterday. Put on a set of fiberglass replacements.

I may contact the contractor if something does not come up around here.

jdgreen

Banned
Can anyone tell me roughly how much they spent on stephens factory troop seats? I was also debating using the composite decking but have not read anything about the outcome just guys talking about doing it.

I have an A3 that came from GL with wooden troop seats. Have considered the composite decking material. Interested hearing if anyone has used it and how it turned out. Would consider ordering new fiberglass stuff from the OEM if it was reasonable, and I could reuse my metal hardware. Anyone do that? If so, what did it cost?

mktopside

Banned
I have a set in pretty decent shape that I have no desire to lug back out of the garage. Actually, I have no idea if they are fiberglass or wood, they look like wood but weigh a Poop ton. I'd put them back on, but without them I can keep the HOA off my back because the truck blends in with the yard and you can't see the truck from the cross street.

"little victories"

Maybe someone wants them and wants to make a partial trade for a hard top?

Nonotagain

Can anyone tell me roughly how much they spent on stephens factory troop seats? I was also debating using the composite decking but have not read anything about the outcome just guys talking about doing it.
The composite deck material like Trex is way too heavy for the seats, weight wise.

Save your pennies and get the fiberglass replacement slats. IIRC they al ready come in 12' lengths. The fiberglass should cost a good bit less than Trex.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I still may have one or two sets. Should know by the end of MLK weekend. If so, they'll be in ATL and will need picked up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks