• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fiberglass X Doors

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a guy on FB selling a set of 4 x-doors from Sandusky, OH for $2500. The price seems pretty reasonable, comes with locking doors, windows, gaskets and strikers. Anyone bought these?

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weird that he's not offering pick up, only shipping.

I'd be very cautious. If you know anyone in the area, have them go look at them before you send any money. There's a lot of scammers on FB.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I asked him if I could just pick them up and I haven't heard back yet. I am pretty sure I came across the same guy on Craigslist a while ago. His ad makes it sound like he either makes these or buys them somewhere. Sounds like they are ready to paint.

I was hoping someone on here had already bought them and could comment on quality and if it was worth a road trip or not.

I'll follow back up if I hear back from him.

Awol

They look decent. The inside of the door definitely looks different from originals, or the reproduction ones from West Kentucky Surplus.

Seller claims they weigh 400lbs on a pallet. Mine were 280lbs on a pallet. So unless he's packing the doors full of lead, his weight is off.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ve seen those doors for $4000.00 on EBay. Make sure the pictures are not stolen.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
No one sells off parts from a complete beautiful truck like that. This stinks.
See if the two tele numbers match.

I also question the V-belt, four pulley power steering unit with the updated alternator that I think should be belt driven.IMG_8198.png

Last edited:

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what he said so far: "I think you will find that the cheapest thing you did is buy a humvee. I have a set here on an M1114 we just finished number 34 so you could see a set in person. I go to Atlanta twice a year and bring back the set. We just got back from Atlanta on the 7th with 5 sets of 4. As of 4:40 PM yesterday they are all sold they are so fast at this low price. If you want a set we can drop ship a set to you. What humvee do you have send photo. We did lots of X doors with soft tops as we made our own."

He does say I can come look at one but I don't know if that is in OH or GA. I asked for a website and what location I could come look. Oh is pretty easy, GA not so much and I really wouldn't want to go to Atlanta. Anyone know of someone in GA that is doing doors? I don't know if his comment about tops mean they do tops also or if he just means they make doors to fit soft tops.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what the guy replied with last night. He gave me a phone number to call and it matches the one from CL.

" Well, Jason, I am a 74-year-old Vet with a Flip phone! LOL, I bought 34 Humvee and have closed my shop no website I have been in the business for about 15 years know all the major players, and have sold over 300 doors of all kinds. I have lots of references including a lot of police. One phone call will set you at ease. Check out my facebook. I just came back from Atlanta last Monday and brought back 5 sets and the last sold yesterday. I have two slantbacks here your welcome to come see. And at this low price you can see why I have trouble keeping them in stock. Most we dop ship Tim 419 901 6510"

I may call him at least and see what he has to say. It may still be a scam.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what he said so far: "I think you will find that the cheapest thing you did is buy a humvee. I have a set here on an M1114 we just finished number 34 so you could see a set in person. I go to Atlanta twice a year and bring back the set. We just got back from Atlanta on the 7th with 5 sets of 4. As of 4:40 PM yesterday they are all sold they are so fast at this low price. If you want a set we can drop ship a set to you. What humvee do you have send photo. We did lots of X doors with soft tops as we made our own."

He does say I can come look at one but I don't know if that is in OH or GA. I asked for a website and what location I could come look. Oh is pretty easy, GA not so much and I really wouldn't want to go to Atlanta. Anyone know of someone in GA that is doing doors? I don't know if his comment about tops mean they do tops also or if he just means they make doors to fit soft tops.
FYI.... There was a guy in Atlanta that sold xdoors a few years back. Corvette guy I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks