• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Figuring out NSNsend use

Ma Duce

I did a search and nothing came up, but I also looked for a thead I started and it didn't come up so maybe it just doesn't like me....

But as I look to get a truck or 2 or 3 i fugure having spare parts is a good thing. And I see parts, likemfuel pumps and starters on auctions, but they don' list the end use MOST of the time. I click on the NSN but rarely domI see an end use for the item.

Is it that hard for them to say starter 250 cummins or starter duece multimfuel or fuel filter multifuel?

Is there some place to easily cross referance the numbers to figure out what the parts fit?

And while I am at it, there are a lot of auctions filled withnboxes of parts. Has anyone just thrown a bid at something and ended up with a pretty good Christmas grab bag?

SMOKEWAGON66

I use FEDLOG at work, and when you enter an NSN or NIIN, etc, usually in the reference section it lists and end use code, most the time the stuff i research simply says 2.5 ton truck 6x6 and nothing more. There is a section in there to use as a cross reference for like-materials but it also just lists an NSN or NIIN, which i find to be generally useless in the civy market. Im sure some one out there has a list they probably made them selves crossing NSNs against civy PN's but i have no idea who.

And i have yet to bid on those grab bags, though i have thought about it. Sometimes they do have gold in the bottoms.

rlwm211

If you can convert the NSN to a part number then it is far easier to figure out what the part or assembly is for. If you have a hunch, you can search the xxxx-xx-xxx-xxxx-P manuials and see if you get a hit.

I have had just a few stump me but just a few.

RL

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without access to Fedlog finding the NSN usage is slim to none.

GL has figured out how to get rid of alot of stuff by making the "grab bags"

I have bought a few for specific items and usually end up throwing the rest away.

Just remember you have to have a way to pick it up, haul it home, store it and then get rid of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks