• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter NEW motor oil ??

tco3129

I have received access to aproximately 500 gallons of new motor oil of different viscosities. 15wt to 50wt. No it's not hot. Oil became disposable due to a brand change in a large backup generator. Knowing the oil is not contaminated, would it be safe to pump straight into my deuce tank??

pegasus55

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with mdmorgan....If it's new I would imagine it will be pretty clean and should be just fine. I don't see any need to filter it either...of course it also goes that it won't hurt anything. You could run a few gallons through and take a look to see whether you've caught anything...bags should be pretty easy to see something building up....cartridges won't be easy though. It would be interesting to see what a good centrifuge might catch....

3dAngus

If it's new, it's gonna be a lot cleaner than anything one could clean through a home made centrifuge. I would burn it in a heartbeat if I had an A2.

stancanpara

On one of our machines at the mill, there's a hydraulic tank that leaks. I put a bucket under it and catch about 2 or 3 gallons a day... dump it in the fuel tank (with a rag for filter for the sawdust) and it runs great!!!!

tco3129

500 gallons on an oil change......must have been one ell of an oil pan.....crap.....must have been one ell of an engine.
150 gal in crankcase and oil cooler. 250 in bulk makeup tank. 2 barrels for portable compressor engines on skids.[thumbzup]

hedgehog69

OCASSionally I get the opportunity to buy new veggie oil...corn...soy...olive...sunflower...etc. Food grade....nothing wrong with it, other than past the expiration date.

I filter just for caution...but really think it isn't necessary. I have known guys that pour new oil straight into the tank and never had a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks