• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filter substitution

JAYHAWK 1962

Hello all i have spin on filters for my m35a2 and my mep 002 nd 003's
currently the m35a2 uses napa 3336 as the secondary fuel filter with a 6 micron rating. my meps use napa 3528 secondary fuel filter with a 2 micron rating. they both use napa 3405 primary fuel filter. the big question in order to help out logistics is there any reason i could or could not start using the napa 3528 filter in the m35a2 as the secondary fuel filter? thanks kyle

eagle4g63

I would venture to agree with Gimpy, with one exception.....Are you running wmo in the deuce? Cause if so the 2 micron might not flow enough unless you change it a lot more often. Just my thinking about it being a little bit thicker. If you are running just diesel than I don't think it would matter at all, like you said makes life a little easier on only needing to keep the 2 filters around instead of all 3.

brianp454

Did you ever do this? If so, how did it work out? What about the WMO question (if so, how much do you filter it before running it into your tank)?

Hello all i have spin on filters for my m35a2 and my mep 002 nd 003's
currently the m35a2 uses napa 3336 as the secondary fuel filter with a 6 micron rating. my meps use napa 3528 secondary fuel filter with a 2 micron rating. they both use napa 3405 primary fuel filter. the big question in order to help out logistics is there any reason i could or could not start using the napa 3528 filter in the m35a2 as the secondary fuel filter? thanks kyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks