• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally almost done

joey

Well I finally got most of the problems worked out on the deuce. I've replaced all axle seals and changed out all fluids except for cooling as I still have to check on the thermostat. Ive changed both fuel and oil filters and greased all the fittings I can find.

I Just got the bed mostly bolted back on when I took it for a test drive to check on the axle seals and help move the bed around to line up the rest of the bolt holes better.

I got up to 45 when the hood blew open on a narow road. All I could see was the color green. I had forgot to install the brush guard when I Partialy bolted on the new winch bumper. Now I have a large crease and dent to pound out of the hood, but at least I know the brakes dont need any further attention!
I was stuck on the side of the road trying to pound the hood back in shape so I could get it somewhat closed and return back home, when I noticed that I have another seal to replace in the differential and possibley a new rear main seal.

Does the fun ever end with these trucks?

kcimb

Bet you won't do that again :)

I Forgot to Put an oil reservoir cap on my corolla once....made it home though, but I was so freaked out about seizing my engine I dumped a bunch of oil in it....and then checked it every 5 minutes for the next hour until I had the bravery to start it up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks