• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Bought an XM211 Deuce! 8-)

BugEyeBear

OK, I know that I'm gonna get grief from all the "modern" M35 Deuce owners, but I've always been more attracted to the early Deuce.

Problem has always been finding a solid, working, and mostly complete M211 that hasn't been molested, hacked up, and otherwise messed with.... AND of course I wanted one at a reasonable price (i.e. relatively CHEAP!) AND I wanted it to be fairly close to my home in GA.

Well I finally took the plunge!
Bought this one today!

Desperately needs a new coat of paint & a new canvas top, but it is all there and it is relatively rust free!
Also came with a bed full of newer tires & wheels (the ones mounted are showing age), and a set of service manuals.

I can't wait to get it and see how it drives!
My M38 & M715 will soon have a new BIG brother!

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

Attachments

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks pretty unmolested!

I assume we can expect to see you at the Ga Rally in October, correct? :razz:

airmech3839

Where in Eastern GA? I saw that truck on ebay and almost bid! Glad you got it!! Good find!! I know where some parts trucks are if you need anything. there are two in SC that are rough but have most everything between them! I hope to see you at rally!:-D

armytruck63

Sweet truck. It looks like you have an unpolished gem there. I love the M211's - it was the first army truck I got to ride in as a kid.

I would probably trade my M35A2 for a nice M211 or one of the other models in the series.

m109guy

The old deuces are awesome. I love driving around in our M135, and we hope to get around to restoring our M135 w/hiab crane some time this year.

Your new friend looks good. I am sure she will clean up well.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I think you will find the M211 is an outstanding truck BugEyeBear. If fact I think the 211 drives and rides better (despite the heavier suspension) then the M35 series...it also looks so much cooler.
Does it run/drive? Tranny shift OK?

Oh yeah...it's a new rule. Any SS member from Georgia who doesn't attend the Georgia (clinto) Rally will be flogged with a wet noodle and transfered to the Alabama crew:wink:

gunboy1656

Wish my truck was that nice when i brought it home. Mine should be a 220,but the place i got it from only had a cargo bed, so its acting like a 211. sometime after i get my M35, i will really get to working on it.

nice score.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A great truck. i have been all over the North country with one of those.

You'll want to get that air cleaner hooked back up. The is a right angle bend that goes on the rear of the carb & connects to a hose that go up to the air cleaner. There was a small pipe to match the one on the compressor, for a hose, that goes to the angle bend on the carb.

Good Luck

Lee in Alaska

BugEyeBear

Hey Guys,
THANKS for all the words of encouragement & congratulations!
I fully expected to get grief from the M35 guys cuz their seems to be a huge following for the "newer" duece models.
Please keep it up as I'm sure I'll need words of encouragement as I dig into whatever problems exist...
AND OF COURSE I'll be looking for parts resources!!

To answer a few Q's:

-Q: Does it Run/Drive?
A: Yes! She is supposed to run great, shift great, stop great, and "everything works", but until I get her home I won't know for sure. I fully expect that there will be a few "gremlins" that'll need to be dealt with, as I KNOW that my standard of "everything works" is usually of a much higher fidelity that it is for most people. I know it needs a shifter knob, a few hoses, canvas top, tire swap, maybe a new tailgate, & LOTS of paint, but OTHERWISE it is "GUD 2 GO"! <LOL>

-Q: Where am I?
A: I am located near Statesboro, GA (about 1 hour west of Savannah, GA)

-Q: Serial Number?
A: Not 100% sure... Hood number looks like 41185905, but the picture of data plate (attached) is very fuzzy... Looks like 11343? I'll have to ask the PO...

-Yes, I do remember John Rambo "borrowing" a M211 in Rambo First Blood.

-Yes I do intend to obtain the correct air cleaner to carb hose & the correct hose for the compressor (air inlet? to carb?). It would be great to get a pic of the proper routing if anyone has one...

I hope to join you all at the upcoming GA RALLY. I just Googled the location & it appears to be only approx 150miles from me. "ROAD TRIP!!"

I also attached a pic of my '67 M715, my '53 M38-A1, & my 46 CJ2A....

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

Attachments

ONTOS66

Nice find. Congratulations! I've been contemplating one of the larger trucks and eyeballed several M211 - sort of a "classic" duce. IMHO

But SPACE is a problem right now so will have to continue watching for a bit longer.

Enjoy the new toy!

nattieleather

Man makes me wish I still had my 211. I've owned both a M35 and a M211 and if given a chance to get another of each one I'd have to say I would pick the 211.

Good looking truck. Keep us posted with it's restoration.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks