• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally found my truck

seabeeut

after many months of looking all over the northeast found one 25 miles from my house. 1972 AMG M35A2 wo/w with white LDT-465-1D dated1987.
needs some TLC. Tried to attach pics lets see if this works

Attachments

seabeeut

three piece green cover in the bed I need to repair the bows.
the plan is to return it to 1972 colors and ID for NMCB12

seabeeut

Nice truck. Like the color plans. Having trouble finding the TLC spots.
The TLC is maint. spent the morning greaseing the chassi looks like she has not seen a grease gun in a long time needs an oil change badly.
will give her all new filters, When we drove home the truck would shove the wheel left and right hard over 40 mph will jack up the front tomorrow and check the front end and check the tye rods and drag link also the brgs.
Have two new tires for the front
The boots need replacment was thinking about the zippers I assume this is so you dont have to take down the whole wheel assembly.
Any thought on the boots?

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The TLC is maint. spent the morning greasing the chassis looks like she has not seen a grease gun in a long time needs an oil change badly.
will give her all new filters, When we drove home the truck would shove the wheel left and right hard over 40 mph will jack up the front tomorrow and check the front end and check the tye rods and drag link also the brgs.
Have two new tires for the front
The boots need replacement was thinking about the zippers I assume this is so you don't have to take down the whole wheel assembly.
Any thought on the boots?
Take down the hubs the first time and put non-zipper boots. That way you know what you have. I took mine apart to find the grease was brand new on one side and half brand new on the other where the inside bearing was not repacked when the hub was removed. No issues save one race had a mark on it and needed to be changed out with a new bearing and race. I also changed all the seals while I had it apart.

The main thing is that now I know what I have.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't wanna hijack your thread, but how can you tell from looking at the outside of a deuce if it has a heater or not? Just curious.
There would be a large box over the driver side inner fender (under hood) with two coolant hoses coming over the front top of the engine across the oil filters into a heat exchanger.