• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally found Strobe plug for rear of cab

wehring

Ok folks. After searching for a year I finally got a light-side plug for the female plug on the back of the cab. Will have my avionics guys at work get me the specs on this thing and post the findings here. Time for strobes and a disco ball...

justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wuudchuck

If y'all have any extra and want to sell me one...I'm happy to pick it up if reasonably close to Austin. I would love to put a strobe on mine when I get back home.

shadowrwolf

If y'all have any extra and want to sell me one...I'm happy to pick it up if reasonably close to Austin. I would love to put a strobe on mine when I get back home.
i will take a look when i get back to the house i am currently stuck in OKC for work stuff for a while

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Is the rear plug pre wired for a rotating light or does it need internal wiring also? Other than adding a relay and breaker if there are none.

wehring

Yes. Happy to share the info as soon as it is available. The only thing Inknow now is that it is a Cannon plug. I will have the full part number soon and will post here

justin

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the rear plug pre wired for a rotating light or does it need internal wiring also? Other than adding a relay and breaker if there are none.
There is a dash switch already installed in my '94 for the beacon light socket.

I want one of those plugs too!

wehring

Yes. Trucks come with switches already installed but most trucks just have the plug on the back of the cab capped off.

NOTE - you have to turn on the headlight switch for the beacon toggle switch to have power!!!!

justin

wuudchuck

Think I'll be able to tap into the plug to mount some LED lights?

My project next month is to mount these guys:
52" LED 300w light bar -- forward facing
4x 6 LED 18w spot lights -- likely 2 down on the bed, and 2 off to the side

I also plan on putting some strobes in the front bumper and under the rear bed. The laws are a little funky on strobes and not consistent across all states. Some allow strobes, others require 360 degree rotation.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Since the lights are 12v you could get a whelen or alike light controller and upgrade to the super bright led blinkers, add some side led warning and have some really neat flashing lights. You should be able to tap all 4 corners at the dash. They make small side warning lights that are very incognito until you turn them on.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
With the relay in the power panel the rotator works with headlights on and is controlled via the dash switch. The truck power switch does not need to be on. The magnet mount is not confidence inspiring though.

mtvlight1.jpgmtvlight2.jpgWill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks