• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally gave up the devil

choll

I have been gone for a while working overseas. Last year I drive my 09 from Vegas to NJ one of the many trips I did in the truck, I put around 110000 miles on it. During the trip it started leaking oil from the head gasket,had trouble starting it right before parking it for a year. I didnt think a thing about it and was going to get it fixed when I got back to the states. I called my mechanic about a month ago to get him on it to get it started. Long story short she finally died, fuel in oil pan and major leak on drivers side head gasket. She had around 169000 miles on it before death.

NO worries my friends she will breath once again, I purchased a motor from Boyce in Utah minus the IP. Motor will be shipped to my mechanic in NJ and by the time I am home next month she will ride again.

choll

Who are the guys in Delaware? At this point the motor has a lot of miles and its cheaper to just drop in another motor rather than chase my tail with something else that might come up. After its pulled Im going to get it rebuild and start another project 09
Chuck

choll

Time for another post. Im finally getting back to the states for a while. The motor I got from Boyce looks really good, the odometer said 39k but it looks like a rebuild or new motor. I couldnt find a tag on it. Belts look new no scratches in the paint, we will never know. Well the truck has new seats in it that I bought from a SS member, oil pressure and temp gauges. All rubber lines have been replaced. Having the motor mounts replaced while the motor is out. Getting back on 3/5 will post pics of the finished product. Next trip overseas bodywork and paint!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks