• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FINALLY got a 5 ton

Hammer

Well, after a year of bidding and searching, I finally got a 5 ton.
XM818, hard top, NEW NHC-250! 11r20 XLs (soon to be 16r20s, thanks 100dollarman!).

Maiden voyage was 700 miles home. What a very LONG day at 50 - 52 mph.....

Wife took this picture in the evening. Too funny.

Attachments

Hammer

Oh yeah, I passed by someone driving a M820, south bound on I-5 in southern CA yesterday. Was that anyone here? They waived, and I honked.

100dollarman

Congrats! I am glad you made it home OK. It was good to have met you over there!
I had to trailer my 5 ton---- wouldnt start, pouring out oil!:evil: I'll have to check it out better to see where its leaking from.

You are on my "Baddass" list for driving that truck home 700 miles!!!:-D

And thanks for the business!

Wrench Wench

I want to see what a new NHC 250 looks like. Be sure to take plenty of pics under the bonnet, `kay? I don't think I'll ever see one otherwise.

Hammer

This motor was put in, and left there.
Plate on the motor says 87. Stock bore, stock bearings for rods/mains, etc.
Looks like a Toole rebuild at that time.
In the last 2-3 years, it has had 3, count them THREE miles put on it.

Air valve behind the dash is bad. So it was constantly bleeding off air.

Hundy, thanks for the tires! I was just out looking at them. They will do a good job on the trucks. Now I just need to find the time to mount them up :( Oh, and get the rims for the 5 ton.
And definitely thank YOU for bringing the tires out to me. I know it wasn't far, but every minute starts adding up when it takes that long to get home.
I was definitely lucky for getting one in that good of a condition out of Barstow. It was a gamble that paid off!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks