• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got a CUCV - M1031

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been wanting a CUCV for awhile, but couldn't decide on which one to get. I've been using an ARE utility pickup top mounted on a M101 trailer to store and haul my tools around the place for a few months, but got tired of having to get a truck or tractor every time I wanted to work on a MV in the pasture, and the fact that it leaked rain on my tools. So figured a Contact Maintenance CUCV might be the ticket.

I purchased Rednckii's 1986 M1031 (want to say here that Alex is a heck of a guy) yesterday and flat towed it home 160 miles last night through rain showers and heavy fog. I'm hoping that Rednckii has eliminated most of his electrical gremlins, because I'm pretty ignorant of vehicle electric systems.

Now to get it looking as pretty as Goldneagle's and as useful as b4thundr's farm M1031 (to help justify it to my wife). Rednckii already installed a 6" lift with crossover steering, and HMMWV tires, it has 60K miles, and everything seems to work fine except needs parts for the generator throttle.

IMG_1166.jpgIMG_1167.jpgIMG_1168.jpg

goldneagle

Nice truck! Got to see it last night when he dropped by to visit on-route. Has potential. Just needs a good paint job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks