• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got a Deuce!!!

SoylentGreen

'72 M35A2 w/w Continental LDT-465-1C
35,000 on the odometer, 215 on the hour meter. Depot overhaul/rebuild?
Tires are in great shape, spare is new.
Absolutely everything works.
Should go nice with my '77 M886.

Attachments

Numbers

'72 M35A2 w/w Continental LDT-465-1C
35,000 on the odometer, 215 on the hour meter. Depot overhaul/rebuild?
Tires are in great shape, spare is new.
Absolutely everything works.
Should go nice with my '77 M886.
Congratulations. It looks very nice. In regards to overhaul/rebuild: probably did and should have a metallic sticker on the dash from Tooele (sp?) UT or paperwork inside the dash (mine was on the floor under the seat). However, if it doesn't have any of that, run it through CARNAC on the VIN thread and that may tell you a little more.

I am not sure but 35,000 miles with only 279 hours does not sound right. COuld be but don't know enough about that. Mine, for instance, had 4779 miles with about the same on hours. Told by my sister that usually those trucks went through a "reset" which should turn back that odometer.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was under the impression that the mileage is kept for the truck, and the hours is kept for the motor untill either one is rebuilt. However, if either the tach or the odometer quit working, they will be replaced as well. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Real nice truck!

SoylentGreen

Thanks for the comments. I got this one off ebay out of Pennsylvania. I looked around here (Arkansas) for a while but everything was junk. Talked to the seller, got a warm fuzzy and went for it. Truck is nicer than I hoped for or expected. The only thing missing is the radio but since I happen to have an RT-524 laying around I'm working on getting it installed. It had one previousy as the mount holes are already there as well as the power cable.