• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally Got a HMMWV for decent price.

twisted60

Bigfan, I'm running Shell Rotela 15w40 heavy weight oil in my M923 and plan to run it in my M998 also. 1 of the best thing you can do is download the tech manuals (available on this site) and start reading up, youtube has a lot of videos on mod's and basic maintenance.

Suzukovich, thank for uploading the pic's, after looking at them I re-looked at pic's of mine and it has the same stickers for Maine as you pictured, I can not see the CARC date or the date on the MWO tag but things are looking up. My big hint was an old model M998 with the 6.5GEP engine so I figured it had a make over somewhere along the way.

suzukovich

Sometimes the doghouse covers get replaced, so the sticker is not only the thing to look for. Some have only the little triangle MWOs tags which are done locally, usually done in the motor pools by contractors. You see a lot of them with the 5t. The big MWO for those was the ABS brakes.

The big reason with biding on mine is in the rebuild proccess they are striped to the frame. Then old parts are replaced with new or new parts are installed.same for the body panels. In a way it like buying a 2006 model.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

suzukovich

Reset plates are on the side below the B pillar, and is below the window and next to the warnings sticker . All that's on the doghouse is a sticker no date on it. On mine the CARC date is same as completed date. If your curious about the rest proccess, there are a few weeks You Tube videos out there produced by DOD.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine cover is where the MMA "Maine military authority" plate is, that's who did the reset....the B-pliable gets the MWO's and other various plates such as overhaul data plate. I have fully reset trucks with no plates, maybe just MWO plates...so no hard and fast. But the trucks clearly went through reset...the trucks coming it have all been through some sort of rebuild, it's just the way the govt does things...all based on age.
even now my company has reset several pieces of rolling stock and MHE.

Bigfan

Good to know. Feel like a kid in a toy store, can't wait for it to arrive. My 9 year old is pretty excited too. New hunting vehicle.

Al Capone

congrats on that vehicle. luckily for you I bought the green 4 door from fort polk couple before yours cause it was on my list to bid. I think the 61,000 miles scared everyone away from the one I bought. But friends brother who is at that base often says don't be scared of a nice vehicle from there. he said they find one they like and drive it all the time and keep up maintence. so wish me luck. has 60 psi oil pressure. has anyone got just the bill of sale instead of sf-57/ if so do they list as offroad only on it also?

Bigfan

Congrats!! I had bid on 10 or so. Originally wanted camo, but then figured the tan looked good too. Only bid on ones with no leaks and that would start on own. Majority of them were going for over 10k. A buddy was watching the last one and said very few closed below 9k unless there were disclosed problems. I paid for the title $150. Texas doesn't accept the sf97.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I
moght be wrong but but if you go title route I think you also get the sf97.
No. Title, SF97 or Bill of sale. The hubs take 80/90 gear oil. They are wet hubs. There's a drain plug and a fill plug. I like the Tan myself. Wife likes the camo.

Last edited:

twisted60

I got aprox 57 working days from GP rep. for first time EUC. So I shopped accordingly, I'll be back stateside around mid Nov, by my calculations M998 should be free to pick up late Nov/early Dec.

Hope that helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks