• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my first deuce!!!

palskidoo

DIPSTICK i truly envy you in that you are able to take your deuce down the road. I have yet to get mine registered. As for the whistler, I couldn't have said it better myself! That sound is just awesome and nothing else really even comes close to a match. I hope to get her on the road soon I want to see what shes got when snows on the ground :driver:

Is your deuce a bobber? If so how do you like it???? I'm thinking of bobbing mine some time in the future.

Dipstick

Palskidoo. Yes my truck is bobbed. It's easy to park (it's the same length as a full size pickup) and easy to maneuver on tight roads. My avatar is an actual picture of my truck. I have to go to inspection soon too. First I have to fix a parking light problem. I have driven it four or five times. I fueled it up yesterday and it is a blast to drive! You'll love driving yours. Just make sure you have plenty of room before pulling into traffic. Don't follow other vehicles too closely. I'm taking it really easy until I get good at driving it. I hope you can get yours on the road soon! Owen (Dipstick)

palskidoo

Owen, two things... 1) LOVE THE FLAT TOP STACK AND RAIN CAP!! I plan on doing the same to my deuce and 2) what tires do you currently have on? i currently have all old school military treads like your spare but i want to go for the super single look with an aggressive tread. Looks good as a single tone green instead of the camo too.

Im actually a little scared to do my first fill up.... Idk how fuel is in NJ after the hurricane and all but its holding strong here at $4.27 (x50 gal) thats a pretty penny.

thanks
-Pete (palskidoo)

Dipstick

Thanks Pete! My 21 year old son loves the rain cap look too and so do I. The tires are Firestone T831 radials. They're 11R-20 and 43 inches tall. I thought they'd be better in rain and snow than the NDTs. I prefer the big truck look of duals on the rear to singles myself. One picture shows my power steering box. I put in $90 of diesel yesterday and didn't fill the tank. I left my whistler running while filling and the noise pissed off the pump attendant royally. I had read on SS that if you don't let it idle for five minutes before shutdown you'll fry the turbo. Owen

Attachments

SSG ALBANESE

Owen, two things... 1) LOVE THE FLAT TOP STACK AND RAIN CAP!! I plan on doing the same to my deuce and 2) what tires do you currently have on? i currently have all old school military treads like your spare but i want to go for the super single look with an aggressive tread. Looks good as a single tone green instead of the camo too.

Im actually a little scared to do my first fill up.... Idk how fuel is in NJ after the hurricane and all but its holding strong here at $4.27 (x50 gal) thats a pretty penny.

thanks
-Pete (palskidoo)
Sorry to butt in but I sure would love to have 4.27 a gallon in California, on average I am paying 4.50-4.60 :( but the love of the truck keeps the nozzle penatrated into the bottomless pit of a tank hehe

palskidoo

Sorry to butt in but I sure would love to have 4.27 a gallon in California, on average I am paying 4.50-4.60 :( but the love of the truck keeps the nozzle penatrated into the bottomless pit of a tank hehe
4.50-4.60 a gall???? that is ridiculous... Somebody somewhere is raking in the cash and we all just continue to suffer. That is a sore subject so Ill leave it at that. But i agree with you the price will not keep me from having fun!

SSG ALBANESE

4.50-4.60 a gall???? that is ridiculous... Somebody somewhere is raking in the cash and we all just continue to suffer. That is a sore subject so Ill leave it at that. But i agree with you the price will not keep me from having fun!

I think it comes to us being some what of the problem, we won't stop buying food just because the price goes up and the same with fuel, the oil companies know this and know they can just keep brining it up. I hate when people are happy that fuel goes down a few sence, the last low price I remember was 1.98$ per gal in 2004!

Does any one know why diesel skyrocked up to be more expensive than unleaded? I assume it is to push the diesel market out.

palskidoo

the lowest gas price i can remember is $1.75 here.

As for diesel, is it more widely and consistently used compared to gas? That could be one reason for the spike. There isn't much else for a reason.... diesel is less refined than gas so in theory less refining = less money spent = cheaper for the consumer. Well at least in a perfect world.

SSG ALBANESE

the lowest gas price i can remember is $1.75 here.

As for diesel, is it more widely and consistently used compared to gas? That could be one reason for the spike. There isn't much else for a reason.... diesel is less refined than gas so in theory less refining = less money spent = cheaper for the consumer. Well at least in a perfect world.

Exactly, so therefor those oil dudes love us diesel suckin army truck addicts : )

Sweet truck though.

Dipstick

It is the same as Hank's. I bought it from Memphis Equipment, but it's made by another company. I'll research the name. It steers as easily as a small car with power steering. Effortless and accurate with one caveat.......at speeds over 20 mph you have to work the wheel a bit to keep it straight in the lane. I don't think it's the steering kit. I think it's the blocky tread pattern on my Firestone T831 tires. They're meant to be drive axle tires for tandem dumps and cement mixers. They were never intended to be used as steer axle tires.

palskidoo

hey guys i was scoping out ebay for a new head light switch (lever type) to replace my newer style push button switch and figured I'd ask here before I made a purchase there. Does anyone have a lever type headlight switch they'd be willing to part with? I looked on the parts for sale threads and no such luck.

on a side note the push button switch i have is listed on ebay for upwards of $250!!!! is that the going price for those or is that guy on drugs?? :cookoo:

Thank you 1 Patriot-of-many for the link. I just purchased the seals i need for my center axle and Erik was extremely helpful! :D