• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my m998!

Al Capone

Finally got euc approved and picked up Thursday ! Very happy with it . Very. Nice truck and brand nEw tires . All fluids so far fresh and clean . Engine oil black as usual . Changed that . All steering parts are new . Checking portal hubs today and has a clunk in rear so gotta hunt for that to see if rear end or u joint . Installed my new doors . And got licnese plate Friday !

Attachments

NormB

Good to see.

Welcome.

Keep us posted on the “clunk” over in the “what I did to my HMMWV today” thread.

NB

Al Capone

Fit fine . Just had to add timbers to get over wheel wells . Little tire hang off each side . About same when I had m715. Clunk is ring and pinion slack . Anyone know ratio in 1990 m998? 2.56 or 2.73? I've found nos 2.73 diffs

spoonsc1

Fit fine . Just had to add timbers to get over wheel wells . Little tire hang off each side . About same when I had m715. Clunk is ring and pinion slack . Anyone know ratio in 1990 m998? 2.56 or 2.73? I've found nos 2.73 diffs
I was about to suggest to look at the ring and pinion but you got there. had to change my rear, backing up in a turn sounded like the pinion was trying to crawl over the top of the ring gear. mine is and 87 and cant remember the ratio