• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my WMO pump assembled

Josh

I should add, as a transfer pump it works good. Trying to push the anything through it a filter, that is a differnent story. It would stall out my 1hp motor. I use an airpowered diaphram pump for filtering, this one for transfering.

RAYZER

I should add, as a transfer pump it works good. Trying to push the anything through it a filter, that is a differnent story. It would stall out my 1hp motor. I use an airpowered diaphram pump for filtering, this one for transfering.
It stalls your 1hp motor? What rpm rating is your motor? Is your preasure relief valve functional? What filter configuration are you using? Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm about to build a preasureized filter setup using some large spin on filters with the sbc pump and a 1/3 hp 1040 rpm motor,up untill now I have been using a gravity feed filtration system that works well but it's slow.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
next one i build i think i'll use a bbc pump.:grd:
What's a BBC pump . . . Big Block Chevy, I get it.

I've not tried to use it to push though filters . . . but it should. It does on the motor.
I've been using a 24 volt diaphram pump for filtering. It lets me do it anywhere we are parked. The sbc pump is running on AC till I can get it changed to a 24volt scooter motor.
First I transfer the oil to our trailer tanks, we drive away, and then I filter in camp to the tanks on the rigs.

goldwing2000

Banned
Have the same set up. My prob is that I'm not sure what pick-up hose to use that can handle the type of fuels and not collapse under suction. Would like to be able to run a long pick-up hose. Have tried a few things and I keep getting sections sucked flat. Would also like to NOT spend HUGE amounts on the hose.
I just ordered some of this for my setup:
3/4 SUCTION HOSE - Agri Supply

RAYZER

Its been raining here for 2 days so I decided to work in the garge and put together another pump using a 1971 c30,400 ci high volume pump, $34.00, I used this pump because the preasure side of the pump flang is better configured to fit a plate with a nipple,this pump will produce 70 psi, before the presure relief valve dumps,70 seems high for filtering application, so I cut the spring to lesson to maybe 35psi. It seems that about 1000 rpm will should transfer 8-10 gpm,i'll keep yall posted.
:grd:

Josh

It stalls your 1hp motor? What rpm rating is your motor? Is your preasure relief valve functional? What filter configuration are you using? Sorry for asking so many questions but I'm about to build a preasureized filter setup using some large spin on filters with the sbc pump and a 1/3 hp 1040 rpm motor,up untill now I have been using a gravity feed filtration system that works well but it's slow.

Um, the Pressure relieft is packed to the brim with JB weld, Probably why it stalled out the motor. Dont know the RPM on it, but I will find out and let ya know.

and right now its a single 10micron fuel water seperator.

When I took the filter out and used it as a transfer pump, it kicked ass and moves oil way faster then my air pump, only because my compressor cant keep up.