• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FINALLY got plates, and a cautionary tale.

Strykerboy

There's a joke in there somewhere: How do you tell if two deuces are drag racing?

...when the 'chute pops out behind them...
...they start by running over a christmas tree...
...because the smoke comes out REALLY black...

I don't know. Someone can prolly do better...

i guess we can just set up a play date and drag race'em out at ohio valley that would be fun all tho i'd more than likely win...:driver:

JCKnife

i guess we can just set up a play date and drag race'em out at ohio valley that would be fun all tho i'd more than likely win...:driver:
I've seen your truck, I guarantee you would win.

Hey I just noticed your sig, Strykerboy--where is your M109 waiting at?

1stSarge

Now, my question: do the numbers painted on the rear bumperettes of my deuce constitute an "Authentic Kentucky License Plate?" as stated above? Per the info I got from Carnac, this truck has always been a KY national guard truck.

I would say no… here is how Ohio’s reads:
§ 4503.181. (D)
A vehicle registered under this section may display historical vehicle license plates issued by the registrar of motor vehicles or model year license plates procured by the applicant. Historical vehicle license plates shall not bear a date, but shall bear the inscription "Historical Vehicle - Ohio" and the registration number, which shall be shown thereon. Model year license plates shall be legible and serviceable license plates issued by this state and inscribed with the date of the year corresponding to the model year when the vehicle was manufactured. Notwithstanding section 4503.21 of the Revised Code, only one model year license plate is required to be displayed on the rear of the historical motor vehicle at all times. The registration certificate and the historical vehicle license plates issued by the registrar shall be kept in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways in this state.

Notwithstanding section 4503.21 of the Revised Code, the owner of an historical motor vehicle that was manufactured for military purposes and that is registered under this section may display the assigned registration number of the vehicle by painting the number on the front and rear of the vehicle. The number shall be painted, in accordance with the size and style specifications established for numerals and letters shown on license plates in section 4503.22 of the Revised Code, in a color that contrasts clearly with the color of the vehicle, and shall be legible and visible at all times. Upon application for registration under this section and payment of the license fee prescribed in division (B) of this section, the owner of such an historical motor vehicle shall be issued historical vehicle license plates. The registration certificate and at least one such license plate shall be kept in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways in this state. If ownership of such a vehicle is transferred, the transferor shall surrender the historical vehicle license plates or transfer them to another historical motor vehicle the transferor owns, and remove or obliterate the registration numbers painted on the vehicle.

JCKnife

I would say no… here is how Ohio’s reads:
§ 4503.181. (D)
A vehicle registered under this section may display historical vehicle license plates issued by the registrar of motor vehicles or model year license plates procured by the applicant. Historical vehicle license plates shall not bear a date, but shall bear the inscription "Historical Vehicle - Ohio" and the registration number, which shall be shown thereon. Model year license plates shall be legible and serviceable license plates issued by this state and inscribed with the date of the year corresponding to the model year when the vehicle was manufactured. Notwithstanding section 4503.21 of the Revised Code, only one model year license plate is required to be displayed on the rear of the historical motor vehicle at all times. The registration certificate and the historical vehicle license plates issued by the registrar shall be kept in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways in this state.

Notwithstanding section 4503.21 of the Revised Code, the owner of an historical motor vehicle that was manufactured for military purposes and that is registered under this section may display the assigned registration number of the vehicle by painting the number on the front and rear of the vehicle. The number shall be painted, in accordance with the size and style specifications established for numerals and letters shown on license plates in section 4503.22 of the Revised Code, in a color that contrasts clearly with the color of the vehicle, and shall be legible and visible at all times. Upon application for registration under this section and payment of the license fee prescribed in division (B) of this section, the owner of such an historical motor vehicle shall be issued historical vehicle license plates. The registration certificate and at least one such license plate shall be kept in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways in this state. If ownership of such a vehicle is transferred, the transferor shall surrender the historical vehicle license plates or transfer them to another historical motor vehicle the transferor owns, and remove or obliterate the registration numbers painted on the vehicle.

Well, Ohio law isn't going to help me here, but it looks like Ohio DOES recognize painted unit numbers in lieu of a mounted plate, so long as the historic plates are kept in the cab. That's what I'm going to do until I'm told otherwise. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks