• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got some off road time M1079

We have been wrenching for weeks now getting stuff done to our new to us Adventure Driven LMTV M1079. Took it out tonight for a little off road action. Brutus our M1079 did not disappoint. It rocked !!!

Seth

M1079 cinder lake -1.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth, glad to see you're getting to have some fun with it. EXPO should be a blast. Wish I could make it.

spankybear

off topic but I have to ask. Adventure Driven??? I seem to remember that name... are you the same folks that did stuff with Jared Polin?

spankybear

Thought your name was familiar... Going to be fun to watch you folks outfit your M1079!

I love the desert and the southwest! So much opportunity for good offroading, camping and photography!

Some of the camping I have done in the past.

Image037.jpg

Image038.jpgImage041.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the desert and the southwest! So much opportunity for good offroading, camping and photography!

Some of the camping I have done in the past.

View attachment 670545

View attachment 670546View attachment 670547
Its funny but when I was "camping" in Yakima with the Army I hated it. I actually thought about quitting my civilian job when they said they were transferring me there. The 2 years I lived there were actually very enjoyable and I miss the area.

Last edited:

spankybear

Its funny but when I was "camping" in Yakima with the Army I hated it. I actually thought about quitting my civilian job when they said they were transferring me there. The 2 years I lived there were actually very enjoyable and I miss the area.
I think I like camping in the dry better than wet. Heck one of those pictures above was on a dry lake bead in Nevada. Don't think you can get much drier. :)

I do love the "dry" side of the state but I am on the "wet" side. Heck this year has been the wet and snowy side...

Some pictures from around my AO this year
DJI_0028.jpgDSC_0115.jpgDSC_0128.jpgDSC_0137.jpg

spankybear

:) thanks, we so look forward to getting the M1079 done :) your photos look good, looks like a fun place to camp

Seth
Thanks! that was a week I spent on the Black Rock Dessert in Nevada. I can't wait to go back. I also like the Owens Valley of California.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks