• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got that Genny I always wanted! Be careful what you wish for, you may just...

PATRIOT1

... you may just have to recover it from Iowa!!

Well... I finally got the 30kw genset/on trailer that I wanted... Just won from Johnston, Iowa location. Any advice on getting 'er home to Central Ohio?? (before I go to uShip)... I'd appreciate anyone with experience getting from this location (or closeby)... Thanks for any help, guys!!

ref:
[h=1]1990 John R. Hollingsworth MDL: MEP005AAS
30 kw diesel generator set (on 2 1/2 ton, dually trailer) - total weight approx. 6700 lbs.[/h]

fasttruck

Got a 2/12 ton or larger military truck ? No problem. Check air pressure in all 4 tires, lights work, hook up airlines correctly to towing vehicle. Make sure safety pin
is in pintle hitch. Commercial truck of same size ? a 12 volt light bar will be required for lights. Pick up truck for prime mover ? Forgettaboutit. Load too heavy, drawbar too low, no air brakes, licensed for weight ? License plate and insurance ?

PATRIOT1

Thanks fasttruck. I do have a M939A2, but the 11 hours each way gives me pause (and diesel cost nightmares)... So I'm not going to attempt with my F-150 either, lol. I'm thinking it needs to be hauled, given unknown status of four dually tires/wheels and axles/brakes. Anyone know a reliable/economical hauler out that way, before I check with UShip?

Dale1936

I would put it up for bid and let the lowest bidder provide the service. I have to check what company ended up moving a care for me cross country several years ago. This service is very competitive and the bidders are very aggressive. It worked well for me. I can post the information after I get off work tonight.

I purchased a 30 KW JR Hollingsworth less than a month ago. No trailer just on skids. It was heavy. I estimated about 3,000 lbs. Slow moving with my Dodge Ram and a 16 ft flatbed trailer.

Good Luck.

Dale
Pensacola,FL

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple of Transportation companies that are advertising here on S.S..................might be worth a quick look see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks