• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the 003 out of the garage

danjrofpa

Just want to thank everybody for the guidance. Finally pulled the generator out of the garage and set it in place behind the pole barn.:-D Ready for an outage! Used aluminum truck cap material for the roof and some old rubber roofing for the sides.DSC05844.jpgDSC05849.jpgDSC05850.jpgDSC05871.jpgDSC05873.jpgDSC05874.jpg

PA GasPasser

Just want to thank everybody for the guidance. Finally pulled the generator out of the garage and set it in place behind the pole barn.:-D Ready for an outage! Used aluminum truck cap material for the roof and some old rubber roofing for the sides.
Looks great! If I keep the M116 trailer I have, I now know how to put a top on it instead of looking for a new canvas top.

danjrofpa

Jerry,The batteries are in there, they are placed opposite of the way you installed yours. I actually purchased 2 sheets of cap material from a local shop that went out of business (20.00 each), they are 98X68 or so. You are correct Jimc, that is my frequency meter, it is hanging on a nail so that I can take it to the house and dial it in (175' away) PaGaspasser, if you want close up pics let me know, it is an inexpensive covering. (what exactly is a GasPasser?, sorry but I just had to ask)

1800 Diesel

Just want to thank everybody for the guidance. Finally pulled the generator out of the garage and set it in place behind the pole barn.:-D Ready for an outage! Used aluminum truck cap material for the roof and some old rubber roofing for the sides.
Great job setting up the trailer! If I may, a few questions:

Where did you get the flexible tubing for the exhaust? Did you use regular (auto) exhaust pipe to make the rolled sections? Where the exhaust passes through the forward "bulkhead", is that material aluminum or something else? Last question--Is your wiring arrangement set up for a whole house connection?

Again--a great job and very good use of materials!

danjrofpa

1800, I got exhaust supplies at Napa ( see picture) the flex was a 6 foot section that was exactly enough. The hard pipe is 1 1/2" EMT (Electrical Metallic Tubing for electrical wiring), with 90 degree elbows and compression steel couplings to join the elbows to the straight sections. The flex fits perfectly over the EMT and I cut a 1" long section of EMT, split it and slid it onto the exhaust outlet for a perfect fit for the flex. The bulkhead is just an old piece of treated decking that I had laying around, I drilled over sized holes in it and sealed around the EMT 90 with high temp gasket sealant. I am set up for a whole house connection, I am actually back feeding the panel on the trailer so that I can plug in the battery charger and lights and when power goes out or I run it under load I turn off the main breaker in the house and turn on the generator breaker, you need to be very conscientious when doing something like this because you could fry your generator or yourself if you connect both power sources at the same time (that was my disclaimer):roll: I used 1-1/2" Minerallacs to hang the exhaust. Hope this helps.

DSC05839.jpgDSC05840.jpg

Flex-$14.00
Muffler caps-$8.00 ea.
EMT 90-$4.00 ea.
EMT-Free if your friend is an electrician

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks