• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the gun mounted

dcbrown

Finally got the .30 mounted. There's just something about having a gun on your truck! I was just hooking up the travel bar, and in 5 minutes would have backed out of the garage, but my wife came out to grab some laundry. She glanced at the gun and said "It's not going to fit through the garage door". She went back inside the house. I looked at the gun, then I looked at the door...then I measured. The door about 93". The top of the gun - about 97"! Had she not come out, I would have gone barrelling out the door and that would been that! I'm making dinner tonight...

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

March 21st, 2010.

Look out DC Brown, BullDockMAck13's going be waving some bling in your face over that one, as he just got rid of his M37 on EBAY somewhat similarly equipped. You owe your wife big time for saving your gun & your truck (not to mention the expensive damages to your house & garage door frame). I can't wait to see what the local PD does when you cruise around town in that little War Wagon....?[thumbzup]

Good job,

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:)

neverfinished

Looks great! Do you have an original mount or is it something you fabbed? I've been wanting to get a close up look at an original and it would be great to find one this close.

dcbrown

Source for mount

I bought the mount from the fella that makes them for BNG. He's a great guy and does wonderful work. If you need contact info, let me know and I'll give it to you. The pedestal for the M37 is quite tall - 48". You can buy tripod type support legs for it, but I didn't want to obstruct the spare tire. I also didn't want to interfere with access to the bench seats, etc. So, I mounted it 20" from the front of the bed, and directly in the center. I drilled holes for the 4 bolts that go through the fairly small base plate. But I also made an identical size steel plate and put that on the bolts underneath. So, the bed is actually sandwiched between the top and bottom plates. This wiggles a little when you hit a bump or something, but it's good and solid and isn't going anywhere. If I get nervous, I might add a support later, but it seems fine and it leaves plenty of room for everything else in the back.

By the way, had I not taken the garage door off the barn, with my tractor, some years ago, I would have done the manly thing and told her "Of course it isn't going to fit...duh! I'm just doing a preliminary analysis". But, she wouldn't have bought it, and I'm so **** thankful to her for saying something, I'll live with the shame!

dcbrown

better photo with the ammo can aligned properly.

Here's a better photo now that I have the gun seated on the ammo can bracket support, and the can's aligned.

Attachments

dcbrown

Gun mount maker info for STSCSS

Sorry for the delay, but my computer crashed. If you still want the gun mount maker info, just drop me a line and I'll hook you up. He's a great guy and actually manufactures them for the big retailers. Very quality stuff and great price if you buy direct.

majorhitt

Looks great! To get my M37 out of the garage I can't have any canvas on it. I just sneak by with about an inch between the garage door and the windshield. The back bow has to come off to fit under.

L999here

orange tip 1919A4...?

WTF...? An orange tip on a 1919A4 Browning...? And tell the bad guy's that you have a 'dummy' gun on your multi-$$$$ MV...? O,the shame.....LOL. Believe your state has similar laws,so put a coat of black paint on the booster,stick a cloth belt or steel links in the top cover....and ride with pride....!!! Frankly...I iunderstand the LE problem....but most cops would love to see that coming down the hwy. Most would probably stop you just to admire the set-up....LOL. If that 1919 is a dummy,I've got about (6) REAL ones (semi-auto) left in my inventory. They are legal in ALL 50 States. .50 BMG M2HB's are only illegal in NJ and HI...and I've got (6) .50's left (semi-auto) also. Too many guns...not enough armor....LOL. Can only put so much on the Bulldog (avatar).