• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got the Roof Rack M1009

forest522

Nicely done! I was considering mounting my Thule rack on the rain gutter plates they make. Won't look as cool and I'd have to drill into the upper sides of the fiberglass top to install the plates. Drilling always makes me nervous...

Nicely done! I was considering mounting my Thule rack on the rain gutter plates they make. Won't look as cool and I'd have to drill into the upper sides of the fiberglass top to install the plates. Drilling always makes me nervous...
The shells are easily available if you do screw it up.
I just used a bunch of black silicone sealant all around the bolts and feet. No leaks to speak of.
In fact there are three inches of snow sitting on the roof of the 09 right now.

Seems like lots of other folks have done this kind of thing.
Here are some pics that I used for inspiration...
(much thanks to those of you here on SS who's Ideas and photos i have used.)
3n23o23l95O65T55U4b921ca687ffdfa21c7c.jpg14.jpg10852_1231316137446_1065399762_30782999_5597958_n.jpgblazer7.jpg

Stratoghost

Those all look nice. It would free up some space in the back too. Looks like a welding project for me sometime in the future. As soon as I can figure out where to get some metal for a reasonable price.

BTW, Is that steel or aluminum, and how much does it weigh by itself? I tend to over-engineer things and would like a goal to shoot for, otherwise I'll end up with an armor plated turret on top of the thing.

Those all look nice. It would free up some space in the back too. Looks like a welding project for me sometime in the future. As soon as I can figure out where to get some metal for a reasonable price.

BTW, Is that steel or aluminum, and how much does it weigh by itself? I tend to over-engineer things and would like a goal to shoot for, otherwise I'll end up with an armor plated turret on top of the thing.
Yep its tube steel. Thin though, like 16ga. It is probably 80 pounds.
I decided it was cheaper to buy a used one rather than fab one myself.
It has created lots of room in the back. I mostly use mine for bird hunting, and the dogs are very happy with the space back there now.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks