• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got to work on the 1008

scrambled

I have a pile of stuff in the basement that belongs on the 1008 and finally got motivated to start installing.

I finished my black,gray, and white camp spray paint job.

Added a new black head liner and interior trim that was bought for 30 bucks from the junkyard and painted flat black.

Installed a 24 volt ARB compressor and a 2.5 gallon tank on the driver inner fender well. I ran a female chuck on the bumper where the bridge plate used to be.

Made a winchplate for my Warn 15k 24 volt winch. I bought the winch off of Ebay. It came from a guy selling stock from a fire truck outfitter shop. 900 bucks for a 15k winch new in box was too good to pass up. I made the plate out of 2 pieces of 1.5x1.5x.188 steel tubing that replaces the front shackles. The plate itself is a Warn 62027 mount from the Transformer system. It ran $220. I bought a plug from one of the surplus places so that it can be plugged into the front power outlet.

I have to change the shackle bolts out to grade 8 stuff.

Not a bad weekend.

Attachments

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a bad weekend at all! Like your winch setup and the price was right. But would like to maybe see the how/where details on that ARB compressor mounting. Your air tank looks good too. Are you planning on a future ARB air-locker?[thumbzup]