• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally I have aquired a M35

Superdave

Thanks for all the kind coments.neilhendrix I have looked at that post and if was closer to me I would have bought it for sure.Our Canadian M35s (MLW's) when the forces went looking for the replacement for the ageing M135 fleet they took the US m35 and I guess you could say up graded it with the V8 diesel engine,Alison automatic,Dropside box,power stearing,Hydraulic winch,single rear tires and some other small improvements like sun visors. I do not know for sure but I am guessing 2-3 years before we will see the MLVW's being sold off at the auctions as there still has not being any official replacement for it at the moment If every thing goes to plan I will be going out next weekend to pick up the M35A2 duece and bring her home on the monday.

biodeucel

"THOSE AREN'T ROOF RACKS, that's where the crew hides when the meese stampede!!!! They do look like something Indiana Jones would've been fighting the Russians on......

Anyone see that movie? I loved seeing the deuces and other MV's (as usual with indy movies) in the beginning. Blast the Russians for hijacking them though. Nice truck anyway, cranes must come in handy.

Homesick

Superdave said:
Yes I hope to find a winch from a fellow member for around the $1000.00 mark before looking for one at the dealers. I am keeping an eye on a MLVW heer at our local base as within the next couple of years they will be getting a replacement for the MLVW (Canadian M35's). The truck is a recme unit with a hiab picker on it and would come in handy around the place.
I'm going to CFB Edmonton on Saturday. I know a couple of retired PPCLI's that are now contractors on the base that should be able to give me some insight on when they're letting them go.
I really want that M35 with the hiab picker, and half canopy. Stretched into a crew cab is my dream hunting rig. 8) .
Congrats on your purchase again, and have fun on that drive(it's not August so no worries about freak snowstorms)

Superdave

Well I made it home from Vancouer BC yesterday with the truck. Overall it was a great 600 mile trip with a few exceptions of some A Hole truckers. It took a little getting use to the shift patern of the M35 but I have the swing of it now. I have a few leaks to take care of then I will have to take it in for the inspection. Now to find a winch to put on the front and it will be ready for some fun. Some pictures of the truck and one just north of Kamloops BC.

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck looks good :)
I am still envious....short of the MLVW's becoming available, I am looking at having to go through the import hassle...

Superdave

Thanks. This truck was usd in filming of the movie Shooter with Mark Walburg and an up and comming movie I believe that is going to be called the Watchman. And HOMESICK I guess we will have a bit of a bidding war on the hiab MLVW unless there are a few of them for sale.

Homesick

Superdave said:
Thanks. This truck was usd in filming of the movie Shooter with Mark Walburg and an up and comming movie I believe that is going to be called the Watchman. And HOMESICK I guess we will have a bit of a bidding war on the hiab MLVW unless there are a few of them for sale.
C'mon don't be greedy now :wink:
I'm glad your trip went well.